Support articles for EarMaster Cloud account administrators
- Configuration du compte
- Upload user lists
- Invite students
Configuration d'un compte EarMaster Cloud pour l'administrateur du compte de l'école
EarMaster Cloud consiste en deux sections distinctes :
Le site administratif à l'adresse : https://cloud.earmaster.com : c'est là que l'administrateur du compte de l'école ajoute et supprime les comptes des élèves et des professeurs.
L'application EarMaster sur Windows, Mac et iPad, qui est l'endroit où la Formation Musicale à proprement parler se passera. Les élèves et les professeurs doivent connecter le logiciel au compte EarMaster CLoud de l'école à l'aide d'identifiants reçus par email. Dès que les élèves et les profs sont connectés, EarMaster va chercher dans le CLoud leurs profils d'utilisateurs (préférences, progression, résultats, devoirs, etc.).
Regardez ce tutoriel vidéo pour comprendre en 4 minutes chrono comment configurer le compte de votre école :
Upload a student list (for advanced users)
EarMaster Cloud user list uploads can contain either students or teachers, can be uploaded as .csv files or directly from a browser, and can work as reusable master lists or additive lists used one single time.
You can combine the options available to match the type of list you are uploading
To upload a user list, go to https://cloud.earmaster.com and click on Users-->Bulk Add/Edit Internal Users
Working with a master list
You can add, edit, and remove EarMaster Cloud users in bulk with a master list. This means that you will be using and updating that same one file each time you need to add or remove students to or from your account. After each upload, EarMaster Cloud will compare the new list with the users already in your account, and will operate the detected changes:
- new users will be added
- users that are in your account but have been removed from the uploaded list will be deleted
- users already in your account will not be modified (unless their details have been updated in the file)
You can edit your master list and re-upload it when new students are added to it or former students are removed. The updated file that is uploaded should include both current users and new users. Students that are not listed in the file will be removed from your EarMaster Cloud account.
Single-use lists for additive upload
Instead of maintaining a master list for your school, you can instead choose to upload single-use lists that only add users. You can choose to upload a list of students or a list of teachers. These users can be added to the root of the account, or to specific classes.
How to create, edit and save a user list
1) Always create and edit your lists with Notepad (Windows), TextEdit (Mac), or other text editors that can save CSV files in UTF-8 format in plain text (i.e. without formatting).
Important: you can't use Rich text word processors and spreadsheet editors such as MS Word, OpenOffice, Apple Pages or MS Excel, unless you specifically save the file in plain text (or CSV) format.
2) Add one student per line using this format:
<first name>, <last name>,<email>
* you can optionally add a specific <username> and <password>: <first name>,<last name>,<email>,<username>,<password>. If they are not specified, they will be created automatically by EarMaster Cloud for each student. You can also specify just the <username> and let the password be generated.
* Users are identified by their email. It is therefore very important that each user has his own email. 2 users with the same email will be handled as duplicates by EarMaster Cloud.
3) Save the file as .csv in UTF-8 format (very important). If you are using the file below as template, then make sure to open it with Notepad (WIndows) or TextEdit (Mac OSX) and simply use the "Save" function of your text editor in order to keep the formatting of the file.
In EarMaster Cloud, there are 2 different user types:
A. INTERNAL USERS, for which a school pays with credits (also labelled "School-paid licenses" in the dashboard)
B. EXTERNAL USERS who pay for their own access to the platform with a $ 3.99 monthly subscription (also labelled "Student-paid subscriptions" in the dashboard)
To invite students to become EXTERNAL USERS and pay for their own access to EarMaster Cloud, please proceed this way:
1. Log into your Admin dashboard at https://cloud.earmaster.com and click on Invite Students:
2. Then you will see an empty list of External users. This is the list we want to populate. To do that, click on "Invite students" again.
3. You can now type or paste a list of student emails that you would like to invite to subscribe to EarMaster Cloud. Add one email address per line. Finally, click SAVE to send invitations to your students.
You will see your students appear in the Manage users section of the Admin website and in the EarMaster software as they sign up to the system.