Change tone range

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

HikaruGunner
Ear training rookie

Change tone range

Post by HikaruGunner » Dec 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi, I'm usin earmaster to learn my intervals singing, and I want to chante the tone range to better suit my voice. When I go to activity setup ---> tone range ---> customized ---> EDIT, a fretboard of a guitar appears (!!). Is it possible to change it to a piano layout?

Thanks

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Change tone range

Post by Niclas » Dec 10, 2014 5:20 am

Hi

In the main menu of EarMaster you can go to file->user properties. Here you chose the vocal range called customized. Here you can set a tone range that suits you, so all the exercises will be within this range. You will be able to set the range on a regular note staff.

-Niclas

HikaruGunner
Ear training rookie

Post by HikaruGunner » Dec 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Niclas wrote:Hi

In the main menu of EarMaster you can go to file->user properties. Here you chose the vocal range called customized. Here you can set a tone range that suits you, so all the exercises will be within this range. You will be able to set the range on a regular note staff.

-Niclas
Thanks, I tried that option but it does not seem to work. :?

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Dec 11, 2014 3:56 am

How doesn't it work? It doesn't change the tone range to the range you selected?

-Niclas

HikaruGunner
Ear training rookie

Post by HikaruGunner » Dec 11, 2014 6:25 am

Yes, but I think I found the problem, I was saving and loading activity setups for different intervals, and the vocal range is saved with them. I need to test it more

Thanks for the help though.