Octave transposition when singing

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

titiyoyo
Ear training enthusiast

Octave transposition when singing

Post by titiyoyo » Feb 07, 2015 4:15 am

Hi there,

Is there a transposition functionality when "reproducing melodies" in earmaster ? I want to do it by voice but I can't sing to the same octave even though the notes seem to be correct.

Cheers,

Terence

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Octave transposition when singing

Post by Quentin » Feb 09, 2015 4:11 am

Hi,

If you set your vocal range correctly in "FILE-->User properties", then Earmaster should be generating melodies within your vocal range exclusively.

Notice that if you upfdate EarMaster to the lastest build, the software will automatically transpose what you sing to the correct octave. To update Earmaster, go to the HELP menu, and click on Check for updates. It will take you to a page on our website where you will be abel to download the latest version of EarMaster.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

titiyoyo
Ear training enthusiast

Post by titiyoyo » Feb 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Alright thanks !
Btw I'm on a mac, bought earmaster from the app store, I don't see any "check for updates" link in my version...
When will this build be sent to the app store ?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 10, 2015 4:22 am

Yes, that's true. With the Mac Appstore version, updates are done from within the Appstore (you get a notification when one is available).

There is currently an update for the Mac Appstore version under review by Apple. We don't know when it will be approved, but it should come very soon.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -