Various bugs on trial version

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Gritted
Ear training freshman

Various bugs on trial version

Post by Gritted » Jun 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Hello, I'd like to try this program to see if I should but it but I can't really use because I get constant popups about some errors. Specifically I get "Font file not found! virtuoso.tff" eventhough I've checked and it is in the program folder at C:. Aditionally I get a lot of "Access violation at address 005F937C in module 'Ear60.exe'. read of address 00000004" when I try to do any activity. I'd appreciate if you told me how to fix it. Language is in english, I have the latest trial version and I am using windows 10.

Thanks.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Various bugs on trial version

Post by Niclas » Jul 01, 2016 1:54 am

Hi

Okay, that sounds weird.

You should try to restart your computer and see if that works. Next thing to try is to delete EarMaster's data folder, which you can find at this path: Program Files(or ProgramData)\EarMaster\6.x\Data - Then you delete this folder, and re-open EarMaster.

Does this work?

-Niclas

neo800805
Ear training rookie

Post by neo800805 » Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

I buy 6.2 pro and I have the same issue with him. After delete the data folder I can't even open EarMaster.
Please help me.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 06, 2017 1:51 am

Hello,

These errors most likely mean that you don't have "read access" on the "ProgramData" folder of Windows for some reason. EarMaster data is stored in ProgramData, which is a folder used by programs to store user data (settings, user name, results, etc.). If EarMaster can't access that folder, then it will not work properly.

Could you try to re-install EarMaster (find the download link in your purchase confirmation email), and then to start it by right-clicking on the EarMaster icon and choosing "Launch as administrator". If that doesn't help, there might be a problem with your Windows installation.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -