Customized Vocal range can't be selected.

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Sinelnikov
Ear training freshman

Customized Vocal range can't be selected.

Post by Sinelnikov » Feb 16, 2018 3:21 am

Hello,

I can't change Vocal range to Customized. Earmaster 7 + Windows 10. I select Customized and Click OK. When I open again Vocal range Preferences it is changed to Bass-Instrument. Please help with this important issue.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Customized Vocal range can't be selected.

Post by Quentin » Feb 19, 2018 1:17 am

Hello,
This is a bug, and it is being fixed at the moment.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Rob-thunder
Ear training rookie

Post by Rob-thunder » Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi,
Any update on this? I'm still having the same problem as described in the original post. Is this likely to be fixed soon. (I'm struggling with pitches consistently outside my range.)

Also - to clarify - the problem I am having is not just that I can't select the customized range, but also choosing the other options doesn't seem to make a difference either. E.g. even if I choose bass, I still seem to get high notes that seem too high to be in the bass range.

I bought it on the 11th Feb - is it possible that I need to download an update. (I have version 7.0.11.)

Thanks

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 20, 2018 2:11 am

Hello,

The issue has been fixed. It's currently in BETA, but it will be released in the public version today or tomorrow. When you start EarMaster 7, you will get a notification that an update is available.

Make sure also to click "OK" in the preferences window to confirm your changes. Just closing the window won't save anything.

Rob-thunder
Ear training rookie

Post by Rob-thunder » Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this update. However, I am still having a problem.

I have selected customized range, and have chosen G2 to G4. (And G-clef, as that is what is listed for guitar.) And I clicked OK. (And that worked, because when I went back into the settings, it was still on the customized range I had chosen. So all seemed to be working.

However, I then go to the beginner's course, and start the pitch matching, and I am doing the exercise: "Pitch matching. 2 notes. C and D"

I start. Using the guitar tuner on my phone, I check the pitch of each of the notes played. I get:
C5 - D5
D4 - D4
D5 - C5

So then, just for an experiment, I set my customised range to E1 to E3 (f-clef)

D5 - C5
C4 - D4
C5 - D5
C4 - D4

If this could be fixed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 26, 2018 3:56 am

Hello,

The Beginner's Course makes an exception with that setting. Since it is intended to teach the basics of music theory, it only includes the G-clef. You can however sing in the octave of your choice as EarMaster will transpose your answer automatically. This should be explained in the text intro of the first singing lesson.

In any other singing exercise (in the workshops or in Customized mode), the software will use your vocal range and clef setting.