9th Chord Inversion Error

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

raquelcruzjazz
Ear training buff

9th Chord Inversion Error

Post by raquelcruzjazz » Sep 14, 2022 3:31 pm

I have tried this both in my Ear Master Pro 6 and 7. So let's say I go to custom mode into chord inversions, I'll add the Maj9 Root Position as well as its 4 inversions, then select them for the activity. Then lets say I'll go into Transposition>Key>Root only for the Key/Root of C. When I start the activity, the questions turn out not to have the C root in them, and will be likely a inversion of BbMaj9 and the solfege/tone things will read (Re, Fa, La, Te, Do/ 2, 4, 6, b7, 1 / D, F, A, Bb, C) and guess what chord it says it is? CMaj9 Inv1 when its really Bbmaj9 Inv 1. This happens with both Ear Master Pro 6 and 7. Is there anyway to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Re: 9th Chord Inversion Error

Post by Hans » Sep 15, 2022 12:46 am

Thank you for the detailed report. You are right, this is a bug. The chord name matches your settings, but the notes on the staff does not. It happens only with chords that goes beyond an octave, i.e. 9, 11 and 13 chords.

Congratulations, you found a bug that has survived in EarMaster for 10 years! :D