How do I set up a cadence as part of the 'Standard' Course?

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Morpeli
Ear training freshman

How do I set up a cadence as part of the 'Standard' Course?

Post by Morpeli » Apr 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi,

I am a guitarist. I have started doing ear training.

I would like to use Ear Master's interval training and scales course with a cadence.
However, I would like to use a cadence as part of the 'Earmaster Standard' course.

As opposed to the 'customised' course.

I realize I can set this up in a customised course.....
but I like the progressive way that the the 'standard' course teaches....I want to do all the standard courses because they become more complex (and difficult) gradually but I also want to set up a cadence in all of the exercises.

If I do a customised course I have to decide all the parameters myself so it is not as good a progressive learning tool as the 'standard course'.....

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: How do I set up a cadence as part of the 'Standard' Cour

Post by Quentin » Apr 23, 2014 5:01 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum,

Cadences are played in most the exercises where you work within a specific key (sight-singing or melodic dictation for example). Sometimes, key notes are played instead of the cadence. For Interval ID or Scale ID however, establishing the key is not so relevant because the first tone of the scale or interval will always be the root tone. Actually, it might even work against your training in scale ID, as it will give up hints on whether the answer is a Major or a minor scale.

Cheers,
Quentin
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -