Melodic sight singing jazz workshop

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

sublimesublima
Ear training apprentice

Melodic sight singing jazz workshop

Post by sublimesublima » Mar 31, 2020 1:45 am

The melodic sightsinging has more examples 3 octaves above the treble or 2 octaves below the bass clef. I don’t know many, or really any singers who can reach c8 or c1, :D, so why are the sight singing exercises placed at these levels? Is there a problem? I don’t know any vocal music at c8. In the customizable section of course I can choose the range, but in the other sections the range is fixed. Wouldn’t it be better to have it a normal - normal can broad, but not extreme. Please is there a fix for this? Thanks as always.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Melodic sight singing jazz workshop

Post by Quentin » Apr 01, 2020 12:25 am

Hello,

You just need to extend your natural vocal range! :p

More seriously, the examples depend on the vocal range you have selected in EarMaster's preferences. So if you select "Soprano" as vocal range, the melodies will be transposed to that vocal range
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

sublimesublima
Ear training apprentice

Re: Melodic sight singing jazz workshop

Post by sublimesublima » May 09, 2020 2:05 am

Thanks, for the levity as well. Yes I hadn’t gone to settings. Because I normally use the customized lessons, you are allowed to customise within the lesson, so I hadn’t even thought about going to settings for the the fixed lessons. Great, problem solved.