Search found 45 matches

by saxmaam
Sep 11, 2013 10:48 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Please recommend a MIDI to USB adapter
Replies: 1
Views: 5401

Please recommend a MIDI to USB adapter

Would you please recommend a MIDI to USB adapter? I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Thanks!
by saxmaam
Mar 06, 2012 5:33 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Roland SD-50 for MIDI?
Views: 5861

Roland SD-50 for MIDI?

My computer hangs up and has problems playing sounds when I use EarMaster. Sometimes it's worse than others.

I am considering this hardware synthesizer:

http://www.pgmusic.com/rolandsd50.mac.features.htm

Do you have any idea if it will work with EarMaster5?

Thanks,

SaxMaam
by saxmaam
Feb 14, 2012 5:00 am
Topic: Have you finished a tutor module? Post here
Replies: 2
Views: 7879

Chord Progressions Standard Tutor

So I finished the Chord Progressions Standard Tutor this morning. I think I still have a long way to go before I can follow the chord progressions in the music I listen to. Next step is the Jazz Tutor. Then maybe I'll run through them both again. I have some ideas about chord progressions training t...
by saxmaam
Feb 02, 2012 3:39 am
Topic: Results not always saved for customized exercise
Views: 6097

Well ... sometimes my statistics don't get recorded. Like yesterday I was doing a custom exercise that is showing SLOW improvement and I wanted to look at my score over the last few days. I went to look at the results and that session just wasn't there. I can't predict when my statistics do and don'...
by saxmaam
Feb 01, 2012 4:56 am
Topic: Descending 6ths are driving me INSANE!
Replies: 4
Views: 9629

I think you're on the right track with the custom exercise, and doing a hundred or more at a time. It may take several sessions a week for a few weeks.

If you can learn to sing the intervals, that will pretty much solve the recognition problem.
by saxmaam
Jan 25, 2012 4:31 am
Topic: Chord recognition - ambiguity and question
Views: 7060

Hey, that's cool. I didn't think EM would change the voicings for a user defined chord, but it does.
by saxmaam
Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am
Topic: Chord recognition - ambiguity and question
Views: 7060

Chord recognition - ambiguity and question

Custom Chord Identification ... I've been trying to understand why I do better at recognizing major versus minor than I do with mi7 versus maj7. Finally I got this closed voicing which helped me understand: (from lowest note) E G A C According to EarMaster this is an Am7. To my ear it sounds very &q...
by saxmaam
Jan 05, 2012 8:03 am
Topic: Results not always saved for customized exercise
Views: 6097

Results not always saved for customized exercise

Sometimes I do a customized exercise and the results don't get saved to the statistics. Can you tell me how to make sure my results get saved?

Thanks

SaxMaam
by saxmaam
Jan 05, 2012 6:08 am
Topic: What to do when the exercises get hard
Replies: 6
Views: 12284

Following up on the microphone issue. For the microphone I usually use, both even and odd harmonics works the best. Low notes are jumpier. If I try just even harmonics, the tone is identified one octave higher than correct. I took a different microphone on travel with me -- a condenser type I think,...
by saxmaam
Jan 05, 2012 5:37 am

Rhythm Correction - Jazz Tutor

While visiting family I went through all the levels of the Rhythm Correction Jazz Tutor. Great stuff. Thoughts * At first I thought Rhythm Correction was a pretty weak exercise since you aren't producing the rhythms yourself. Now I like it for the way it helps you embed the correct sounds of rhythms...
by saxmaam
Dec 25, 2011 4:57 pm
Topic: I changed my email address -- what to do?
Views: 4619

I changed my email address -- what to do?

I tried to use the serial number recovery tool, but now I realize that my email address has changed since I bought EarMaster 5. How can I update my email address in your records?

Thanks
by saxmaam
Dec 25, 2011 7:29 am
Topic: Rhythm Correction Scores
Views: 5527

Rhythm Correction Scores

Why is it that when I miss one of the two incorrect notes in Rhythm Correction, my score is 25%. Shouldn't it be 50%?
by saxmaam
Dec 22, 2011 5:45 am
Topic: Rithmic imitation
Replies: 4
Views: 10493

I have the same difficulty, especially with 5 beats per measure. It would be nice if the consecutive lessons could be 10% harder, rather than jumping 100%.
by saxmaam
Dec 22, 2011 4:58 am

Have you finished a tutor module? Post here

I was thinking it would be nice for users to post their thoughts when they finish a Tutor series. For example, I've finished the Interval Comparison and Interval Recognition series of the Standard Tutor. For a while, Interval Comparison is easier than Interval Recognition, but at a certain point I h...
by saxmaam
Dec 19, 2011 7:56 am
Topic: What to do when the exercises get hard
Replies: 6
Views: 12284

I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. It's been working for me as-is, but I believe I have to sing those low notes longer before EM accepts them.

Thanks!