awesome, looking forward to it
by chameleon
Apr 23, 2021 12:26 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Feature request: scale identification in intervals
Replies: 2
Views: 2241

Feature request: scale identification in intervals

Hello earmaster team and anyone else who feels like chiming in, first of all thanks for your great product and the great value it offers and also consistently fixing and improving it. You have my deepest respect and appreciation for that. Here's my proposal: Right now for scale identification (in se...
by chameleon
Jan 13, 2021 1:17 am
Topic: Scale Identification too hard
Replies: 2
Views: 3076

Re: Scale Identification too hard

if the general workshop is too hard for you, you could still use the custom training and set it to a fixed key center. also slowing down the scale playback will make it easier and maybe also do more interval recognition first, because that will help you will scales. also to have a firm image of a ma...
by chameleon
Nov 06, 2020 2:38 am
Topic: how to get rid of some non-sensical rest notation in rhythm sight reading?
Replies: 6
Views: 5711

Re: how to get rid of some non-sensical rest notation in rhythm sight reading?

thanks for looking into it :)

here's another highlight, just for the fun of it
by chameleon
Nov 06, 2020 1:48 am
Topic: how to get rid of some non-sensical rest notation in rhythm sight reading?

Re: how to get rid of some non-sensical rest notation in rhythm dictation?

sorry, I meant the sight reading exercise, not dictation
by chameleon
Nov 05, 2020 3:50 am

how to get rid of some non-sensical rest notation in rhythm sight reading?

Is there a way of getting rid of some of the less useful rest notations on that exercise? I mean having multiple rest of the same lenght instead of the next bigger one? I frequently get questions cluttered with unnecessary sixteenth rests e.g. an eighth note followed by two sixteenth pauses, or sixt...
by chameleon
Nov 01, 2020 5:46 am
Topic: melodic and rhythmic dictate exercise input extremely cumbersome
Replies: 10
Views: 6156

Re: melodic and rhythmic dictate exercise input extremely cumbersome

In the meantime, I found out, that Mac OS theoretically allows you to add and change all shortcuts also in 3rd party apps in your preferences->keyboard menu (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/create-keyboard-shortcuts-for-apps-mchlp2271/10.14/mac/10.14), I tried it with serveral other and it ...
by chameleon
Oct 30, 2020 4:18 am
Topic: melodic minor on descending scale identifcation
Replies: 3
Views: 3668

Re: melodic minor on descending scale identifcation

Nice, thanks a lot for that work-around! That was extremely helpful
by chameleon
Oct 28, 2020 3:34 am

Thanks for the link, sadly they don't work for me, because there is no number pad on macbook pro. Wouldn't it be easier to allow users to set shortcuts themselves?
by chameleon
Oct 28, 2020 3:19 am
Topic: melodic minor on descending scale identifcation
Views: 3668

melodic minor on descending scale identifcation

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but you never get to hear melodic minor and whenever you select melodic minor on descending scale identification exercise, it automatically switches to aeolian. In contrast, the modes of melodic minor work fine descending, when I make a custom exerc...
by chameleon
Oct 27, 2020 4:39 am

Hello Quentin, it doesn't show any shortcuts for me, but googling for earmaster shortcuts since creating my last post, I realized this may be due shortcuts being unabavailable on mac ergo I am screwed because I would have really needed this exercise to prepare for an exam. Is there a reason for not ...
by chameleon
Oct 25, 2020 3:18 am

melodic and rhythmic dictate exercise input extremely cumbersome

Hey earmaster team, just a little feedback on your otherwise extremely awesome product: I find the melodic and rhythmic dictate exercises to be extremely important, but I cannot get myself to do them, because writing the notation in earmaster takes too long. I have been working with MuseScore a lot ...
by chameleon
Oct 18, 2020 2:12 am
Topic: vocal range setting affecting all exercises
Views: 4065

Re: vocal range setting affecting all exercises

Hello Quentin, yes it was exactly in Interval ID that I experienced this problem. It might be useful if you let the user set the diffliculty of that exercise by chosing either small range (vocal range) or large range (piano). May I ask what was your reasoning in setting the range of this exercise ac...
by chameleon
Oct 15, 2020 4:38 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: How to distinguish sus4 chords vs sus2
Replies: 12
Views: 31260

Re: How to distinguish sus4 chords vs sus2

first try to find the root note. i find this can be tricky with sus chords, because they are somewhat ambivalent. after all a sus4 is an inversion of a sus2 and vice versa, so it's sometimes easy to confuse the root and the 5th. but try to focus on that perfect 5th interval between the root and the ...