Search found 22 matches

by rmatosinhos
Nov 20, 2019 4:01 pm
Forum: Interval song examples
Topic: descending Major 3rd
Replies: 2
Views: 7757

descending Major 3rd

For those having a hard time identifying descending Major 3rds, nothing easier that hearing a door bell "ding dong" for 10h : :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybba5skbgb4
by rmatosinhos
Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Topic: Ascending m6 interval
Replies: 2
Views: 6118

Re: Ascending m6 interval

yes that's my favorite minor 6th interval. As a horn player the minor 6th is also the first interval of the "horn fifths" sequence that is common in the classical period played by 2 horns, and can be found in any manor symphony. For example in C major
E'C''
G'D''
C''E''
by rmatosinhos
Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm
Topic: Perfect 5th
Replies: 1
Views: 6443

Re: Perfect 5th

The perfect 5th is my essence the interval on the horns, because it is used on fanfare calls. There is one that I love. The Superman Theme has both the descending and ascending 5th https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g for the ascending 5th, the Star Wars main theme! https://www.youtube.com/wa...
by rmatosinhos
Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm
Topic: Ascending major 6th
Views: 5166

Re: Ascending major 6th

Well...my favorite interval both for ascending and descending major 6th is the Verdi, Giuseppe: La Traviata Act I: Libiamo, libiamo
it has the advantage of having both ascending and descending on a repetition.
https://youtu.be/yRhdA1QLtQM
by rmatosinhos
Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Suggestion:Sort the data on results and statistics
Replies: 0
Views: 5239

Suggestion:Sort the data on results and statistics

The statistics are sorted by date. However being able to sort the data by other parameters could be very helpful. Imagine I want to see my best result, I just had to click on the top of the results column. Then there are several 90%, but I want to see them by date, so just click on top of the date c...
by rmatosinhos
Jan 20, 2018 5:39 am
Topic: How to distinguish sus4 chords vs sus2
Replies: 12
Views: 31191

Re: How to distinguish sus4 chords vs sus2

The feeling can help you to distinguish them harmonically. While melodically it helps to hear if the Major 2nd is close to the top or the bottom note
by rmatosinhos
Jan 16, 2018 5:52 pm
Topic: Suggestion: Include Classical repertoire by default on the Melody Database
Views: 5805

Suggestion: Include Classical repertoire by default on the Melody Database

The melody database includes by default several standards. I believe that would be worth to include by default some Bach chorale, and excerpts from standard classical repertoire such as Symphonies for the great classic masters. This would improve the time a teacher requires in order to create a cust...
by rmatosinhos
Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm
Topic: Sugestion: rhythmic exercises with 2 voices
Views: 5305

Sugestion: rhythmic exercises with 2 voices

The rhythmic exercises on earmaster are great, but still I miss 2 voice exercises. This could be played on the keyboard using two keys for example Z for left hand and M for right hand and 2 onscreen touch pannels for touch enabled PC or iPad. I believe this would improve earmaster to a different lev...
by rmatosinhos
Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm
Topic: Suggestion: Chord Singing
Views: 5544

Suggestion: Chord Singing

In addition to the 3 activities present on earmaster related to chords. I believe there is something missing that includes singing chords: Imagine and exercise with a major chord, where the 3rd is missing. So only the root and 5th are played so the user has to sing the major 3rd (using headphones). ...
by rmatosinhos
Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm
Topic: Suggestion: Intonation Exercises
Views: 5848

Suggestion: Intonation Exercises

I would like to suggest a new group of activities for Earmaster: Intonation Exercises This would help students to learn how to tune their instruments. This might include: intonation comparison: Two melodic intervales starting a quarter tone apart and decreasing to smaller intervals. And user just ha...
by rmatosinhos
Jun 24, 2017 3:40 am
Topic: Other platform for EarMaster? VOTE HERE!
Replies: 35
Views: 67806

Re: Other platform for EarMaster? VOTE HERE!

Hello any news about the iPhone version? I've been trying other sofware on the iPhone and none compares to the power of earmaster. Betterears is ok for some tasks but way too confusing in others. Also the mobile version iphone/android would be a must for students as they carry their mobile phones al...
by rmatosinhos
Jun 24, 2017 3:30 am
Forum: Support
Topic: error:300
Views: 6196

error:300

Hello
While accessing the students results, I'm receiving the error 300.
I tried to restar earmaster several times, doing both local or cloud login and the error presists, what should I do? Thanks
[attachment=0]Captura de ecrã 2017-06-24, às 11.28.17.png[/attachment]
by rmatosinhos
Mar 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Nice to see that the iPad version is coming. I understand why iPad. It has a larger screen a lot more screen for the exercises. But think about an iPhone/ipod version because it is more portable. Of course, and iPhone version need menus that collapse. But, this might attract new costumers. Students ...
by rmatosinhos
Feb 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Any news on this subject?

Sent from my iPhone :roll:
by rmatosinhos
Oct 31, 2014 2:24 am
Topic: Course Assignment
Views: 6582

Course Assignment

For older students is good to have access to all the courses, but for the younger, for example 12 years students, that are starting right now learning music, having too much options to choose it's a little bit confusing. Is it possible to assign only specific courses to student and block them from s...