Search found 30 matches

by empauly
Jan 26, 2020 10:10 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Assignment Editor - Can't save/edit workbooks
Replies: 3
Views: 4765

Re: Assignment Editor - Can't save/edit workbooks

Quentin - now things seem to be working. I have no idea what happened. I will keep you posted if I run into trouble again.
Liz
by empauly
Jan 26, 2020 10:02 am
Topic: Assignment Editor - Can't save/edit workbooks
Views: 4765

Assignment Editor - Can't save/edit workbooks

Hi Quentin, Today I tried to make some much needed modifications to exercises that I have assigned my students. I was able to make the edits in the workbook file that I changed, but I cannot seem to get those changes to sync with the cloud - students still see the unedited exercises. Here are the th...
by empauly
Dec 15, 2019 7:14 pm
Topic: EarMaster Crashing on Customized Rhythmic Transcription Exercises
Replies: 1
Views: 3225

EarMaster Crashing on Customized Rhythmic Transcription Exercises

Hi Quentin, The students in my music theory class are having trouble with EarMaster crashing when they are doing the rhythmic transcription exercises. This is not a problem I have experienced before, but this is the first year I've used EarMaster 7. I have created a customized course for my students...
by empauly
Sep 11, 2019 6:35 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Misidentified scale types in course.
Views: 5745

Misidentified scale types in course.

Hi, I am running into some problems with Earmaster right now. I developed a course for my theory 1 students. One problem they are running into is that some of the minor scales are being improperly labeled. I am providing links to a few screenshots of what are really natural minor scales being identi...
by empauly
Dec 04, 2017 8:25 pm
Topic: EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud
Views: 7851

Re: EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud

Thanks Quentin. So, to clarify - students should use EarMaster 7 or EarMaster for iPad for best results, even though I'm creating assignments with EarMaster Pro 6.2? It seems like that is the best plan right now, rather than working with the BETA version of 7.

Liz
by empauly
Dec 01, 2017 1:41 pm
Topic: EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud
Views: 7851

EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud

Hi Quentin, I am writing from Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Our school uses EarMaster Cloud. I still have EarMaster 6, and work from that when I am grading, etc. If my students install EarMaster on their computers for cloud use, which version of EarMaster should they use? EarMaster 6 ...
by empauly
Oct 06, 2016 7:30 pm
Topic: Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation
Replies: 2
Views: 6469

Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation

Hi, Several of my students are reporting errors when they use the rhythmic dictation exercises in EarMaster. These are exercises that I've put together as a class using EarMaster Cloud. Student 1 is using a PC with Windows 10. She says that she cannot get the tools to work so that she can neither ad...
by empauly
Sep 09, 2015 6:42 pm
Topic: Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?
Views: 5699

Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?

I'm a music theory teacher using EarMaster for training software for my students. I've created custom lessons for the theory courses I teach. In general, my students purchase a cloud account at the bookstore, and then I add them to the class. However, I have a student who has EarMaster 5 on his lapt...
by empauly
Jun 01, 2014 9:50 am
Topic: MusicXML Import error message
Views: 5019

MusicXML Import error message

Hi, I have tried to import a few very short exercises into EarMaster Pro 6. I have created them in Finale 2012 for Mac OS. I am using a MacBook Pro with Mavericks installed. I receive the following error message "custom exception list index (10) out of bounds." I checked the FAQs - this is...
by empauly
May 12, 2014 9:02 am
Topic: Music notation showing up incorrectly
Replies: 8
Views: 13125

Re: Music notation showing up incorrectly

I rebooted a few times, just to make sure. Nope, still no improvement. I will get in touch with support.
Thanks,

Liz
by empauly
May 11, 2014 6:46 pm

You guys have been amazing at getting back to me - I really appreciate it. I just tried what you (Quentin) suggested about finding the font and changing the case. I did find the font exactly where you suggested. It was already lower case, so I did not make any changes. The classic mode still does no...
by empauly
May 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I've looked through the various places that a font could be on my mac, and it turns out that I cannot find it at all. In other words, I don't seem to have the VIRTUOSO.TTF. I did take your suggestion and uninstalled my old copy and installed the new one, but st...
by empauly
May 04, 2014 9:14 am

Music notation showing up incorrectly

Hi, I posted about this issue in February and was told that the latest update would fix the problem. I have downloaded the latest update, and the problem has still not been fixed. Instead of being able to see proper musical notation I get odd glyphs. I am attaching a screen shot. I am using a MacBoo...
by empauly
May 01, 2014 11:38 am
Topic: Rhythm Sight Reading Drills Don't Look Right
Views: 6417

Re: Rhythm Sight Reading Drills Don't Look Right

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest update for EarMaster Pro 6. You had written that the note-rendering problem that I had been experiencing would be fixed with this update. I'm still having the same problems. Using Mac OSX Mavericks.

Thanks,

Liz
by empauly
Feb 25, 2014 9:46 am
Topic: Rhythm Sight Reading Drills Don't Look Right
Views: 6417

Rhythm Sight Reading Drills Don't Look Right

Hi, I'm still playing around with EarMaster and getting to know how it works. I tried to work with the rhythm sight reading drills this morning, and they did not look like musical notation. I am uploading a screen shot so that you can see, and would love to know what I need to do to fix this. Thank ...