Sight Reading Tool - suggestion

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

ZeroZero
Ear training buff

Sight Reading Tool - suggestion

Post by ZeroZero » Nov 15, 2014 9:16 am

I am a long time sax player switched to piano. Consequently my sight reading for piano, especially bass cleff is - frankly rubbish. note at a time for sax.

I have always thought that your excellent software, which I have used for some years, since 4, is very well suited to developing some sight reading questions. For me I would like to tart with semibreves of different bass notes and chords, then onto more advanced in some pianistically intelligent way.

I so hope you could do this.

Z

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Sight Reading Tool - suggestion

Post by Quentin » Nov 17, 2014 5:00 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Sight-reading is a new feature in EarMaster 6, and for now it will drill on one-voice at a time (and play back up to 3 additional voices together with the evaluated voice).

To have the melodies drill in F-clef only, you can simply force the F-clef from the "Exerise settings" menu.

In the future, we will try to expand the sight-reading activity to cater for more applications, such as piano sight-reading perhaps with scores for two hands. Let's see what the future will bring :)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -