Search found 19 matches

by Frambo
Jul 27, 2009 12:45 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Solfege
Replies: 1
Views: 5591

Solfege

I found some very helpful exercises and information on Solfege by Gunharth Randolf at http://www.ibreathemusic.com/cat/2

He has also written some very readable and useful music theory and guitar articles.

:-)
by Frambo
Jul 02, 2007 3:15 am
Topic: I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight
Replies: 1
Views: 9852

Good point Bojan. Music creates emotional responses in us and certain timbres of instruments and voices can reinforce that emotion ~ especially with singers who can infuse the melody with the meaning of lyrics. Who hasn't been moved by song or orchestra, opera etc. I guess musicians sometimes get di...
by Frambo
Jun 30, 2007 3:40 am
Topic: Soundcards
Replies: 2
Views: 7231

Soundcards

Hey folks, what recommendations do you all have for a good soundcard that does not have latency when using the rhythm exercises? My computer came with some sort of soundblaster and that was very latent. Next I got an M-Audio Jam Lab for practising guitar through the computer but that has a tiny bit ...
by Frambo
May 22, 2007 3:57 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Pitch range of exercises
Replies: 0
Views: 6091

Pitch range of exercises

In the 'standard tutor' I have the programme set for guitar but often the randomly generated questions are in the bass clef well below the normal range of guitar. Ultimately it will be good for my ears to learn to hear better in that very low register but I thought if guitar was selected the pitch r...
by Frambo
May 14, 2007 3:10 am
Topic: Interval Examples
Replies: 19
Views: 104138

Ascending minor 6: 'Brown girl in the ring' ~ Boney M; "...in the ring. Tra la...". This occurs the second time this phrase is sung (over the V cord).
The first time this phrase is sung (over I cord) the interval on the words "...ring. Tra..." is an ascending Maj 3rd.
by Frambo
May 10, 2007 3:06 am
Topic: Interval Examples
Replies: 19
Views: 104138

Descending Maj 6 interval

Descending Maj 6: 'Sweet Caroline' ~ Neil Diamond; "Sweet Caroline"
by Frambo
Apr 30, 2007 9:01 pm
Topic: difference between a perfect 4 and perfect 5
Replies: 16
Views: 43653

Hey Bojan, thanks for the information and weblink for theory. Very helpful :-D There must be many interesting subconscious facets to eartraining. I mentioned that my ears felt more resolved to the 4th interval (compared to 5th) in ex21. When I looked at why, it seemed my mind decided the higher note...
by Frambo
Apr 29, 2007 2:34 am

4th's & 5th's and Cadence definitions

Hey there folks who struggle or did struggle on 4th's and 5th's (i.e. ex21). This is day 5 for me on this exercise so I customised it to do only 4th's and 5th's (harmonic, non common notes, in a 1 octave range). This time (to my ears) the 4th's sounded resolved and the 5th's did not in comparison. W...
by Frambo
Apr 28, 2007 6:13 am
Topic: Setting volumes for metronome & response
Views: 7460

Thanks for that Bojan. It worked. It might be my new soundcard and headphones but the clap was uncomfortably loud to the point I couldnt hear the sidestick sound when I tapped the claps. :-? Now I've got a good volume balance and can hear when the clap is sitting right on the beat.
by Frambo
Apr 28, 2007 6:06 am

Tonight (4th day on ex 21) I relaxed and didnt think about it and tried to 'feel' the difference and got 93%. So I tried a few more repeats of ex21 and thought about the sound intervals and got 60's and 70's :-| . I'm starting to hear/feel the difference between the vibrations of a 4th and 5th. I'll...
by Frambo
Apr 28, 2007 2:22 am

Hey Eddy, I'm stuck on Exercise 21 of Interval Comparison too. It's interesting the ambiguity of 4ths and 5ths like your example GC and CG. I didnt have any trouble with the harmonic exercise (exercise 9) when there was a common tone or when notes are played seperately but have been making slow prog...
by Frambo
Apr 28, 2007 2:00 am
Topic: Setting volumes for metronome & response
Views: 7460

Setting volumes for metronome & response

Is it possible to turn down the volume of the clap response ('You Clap')in the rhythm exercises? The claps are too loud compared to the metrenome. I've been into the Tools/Midi Devices/Midi Instruments page and increased the attack levels for the Rhythm and Metrenome but the response clap is still t...
by Frambo
Apr 28, 2007 1:53 am
Topic: Rhthym exercise latency
Replies: 4
Views: 10261

Regarding latency, I've just installed M-Audio JamLab for guitar practice on the computer and the soundcard for this has very little latency with Earmaster. I've got the offset function set at 15 and the lessons set to accept as correct if above 90% accurate. I've yet to try any difficult exercises ...
by Frambo
Apr 26, 2007 3:23 am
Topic: Do you know?
Replies: 5
Views: 11256

The Simpsons theme and 'Maria' form West Side Story open with an ascending dim5 interval. I'm not into Black Sab and dont know the German one. Or is it that they've all been busted for drug dealing 8-| I got hold of a video of Westside Story a couple of days ago and the first words of one of the son...
by Frambo
Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm
Topic: Identifying intervals
Replies: 5
Views: 12255

Identifying intervals

Hey people, does anyone have a list of contemporary (less than 20 years old ;-) )pop or rock songs that can be used for identifying intervals. The Earmaster help page has a list but I'm not familiar with alot of them. I realise that many pop and rocksongs may not employ the harmonic ideas of some of...