Search found 34 matches

by Thomas
May 18, 2015 1:59 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Triplets are played with false accentuation
Replies: 2
Views: 7299

Re: Triplets are played with false accentuation

Hi Quentin, I can't agree that this is widespread. I have had some music teachers who has studied music, but no one told me to play so. I have also looked in my music theory books. Please give me some examples. I have worked with High Tom for the rhythm sound. Now I have chosen woodblock (a shorter ...
by Thomas
May 09, 2015 5:13 am
Topic: Triplets are played with false accentuation
Views: 7299

Triplets are played with false accentuation

Velocity values of eight-triplets on 4/4 measure: 90 70 80, 90 70 80, 90 70 80, 90 70 80 The third triplet note has a higher velocity value (80) than the second triplet note (70). There is no difference between beat 1 and beat 3. This is very irritating in the rhythm exercises. In EarMaster 5 it is ...
by Thomas
May 09, 2015 5:10 am
Topic: EarMaster crashes on tempo changes while playing question
Replies: 1
Views: 5452

EarMaster crashes on tempo changes while playing question

When I start a rhythmic exercise EarMaster begins playing. Because the default tempo is not suitable for me, I change the tempo field by clicking on the up or down arrow while EarMaster is still playing the question. EarMaster crashes immediately. Example: Standard tutor, Rhythm error detection in m...
by Thomas
May 09, 2015 5:08 am
Topic: Program update overrides Latency setting
Views: 5454

Program update overrides Latency setting

In the dialog Preferences on the tab MIDI devices in the Midi out group there is the Latency option. This value is overridden on program update with the default value (46 ms).

EarMaster Pro 6.1 (build 648PW)
by Thomas
Dec 11, 2014 3:04 pm
Topic: Midi keyboard answer has always fixed velocity
Views: 6389

Re: Midi keyboard answer has always fixed velocity

I have tested this in EarMaster Pro 5 (build 639 PW).
EarMaster 5 sends no fixed velocity value on MIDI OUT when I play the midi keyboard on the exercises Rythm reading und Rythm imitating.

This behavior has changed with EarMaster 6!
by Thomas
Dec 11, 2014 2:47 pm
Topic: Option in customized activity is not saved
Views: 7078

Option in customized activity is not saved

In the customized activity melodic dictation is the option Last tone must be root not saved when the program is restarted.

EarMaster Pro 6.1 (build 643PW)
by Thomas
Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm
Topic: Note insert in Rhythmic dictation exercise
Replies: 4
Views: 10001

Re: Note insert in Rhythmic dictation exercise

Hi Niclas, please look also for note inserts on the first beat on every measure. Here is an example for the first note on the second measure: bad: Modul 5: 3/4 - 2 measures: Half, Quarter & Eights notes (lession 3 of 6) What is the intension for showing the quarter rests above the staff? I tried...
by Thomas
Nov 25, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Note insert in Rhythmic dictation exercise

Hi Niclas, Yes, I want to insert a note or rest before the first beat of the first bar. The rest of the bar is shifted right depending on the inserted note value. It looks like it depends on the module and lesson. okay : Module 1 4/4 - 1 bar: Whole, Half, Quarter & Eights Notes (lesson 1 of 8). ...
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 3:35 pm
Topic: Rythmic dictation
Views: 4964

Rythmic dictation

A false answer is not recognized. Example: Module 4: 4/4 - 2 measures: Whole, half, quarter & eight notes (lesson 5 of 8): The quarter note on beat 2 in measure 2 is not recognized as a false answer: Rythmic dictation.jpg The message You have 4 of 5 notes assumes only the start positions of the ...
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 2:26 pm
Topic: Selecting an excercise in home window
Views: 4793

Selecting an excercise in home window

I don't understand the logic to select an exercise in home window (when changing mode and activity in one step). Example: I' m working in EarMaster Standard course mode and select the activities from top to bottom. When I move from Rythmic sight-reading to Rythm imitation (via mouse click on Rythm i...
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 1:51 pm
Topic: Total score display
Views: 5095

Total score display

The color and the text of the your total score progress bar are not corresponding to the percent value . Example: After some questions I have a red ba r on 87% - with the text Nicht ausreichend In the next question I have a green bar on 90% - with the text Exzellent After 1 question I change the sta...
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Note insert in Rhythmic dictation exercise

In the Rhythmic dictation exercise I can not insert a note or rest before the first note (on beat 1).

EarMaster Pro 6.1 (build 642PW)
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 1:08 pm
Topic: Note cursor
Views: 5153

Note cursor

In the Rhythmic dictation exercise the note cursor should represent the note value or rest (like in EarMaster 5). Now I have to concentrate to the rhythm and also to the selected note value or rest in the note symbol bar. When I recognize that I have inserted a false note value, I had to delete that...
by Thomas
Nov 24, 2014 12:38 pm
Topic: Midi keyboard answer has always fixed velocity
Views: 6389

Midi keyboard answer has always fixed velocity

In the following exercises when I answer the questions with a midi keyboard the velocity is always fixed: - Rythmic sight-reading (velocity = 80) - Rythm imitation (velocity = 80) - Melodic sight-singing (velocity = 65) - Melody imitation (velocity = 65) This is specially irritating in the rythm imi...
by Thomas
Apr 28, 2008 2:07 pm
Topic: Enhanced rhythm correction
Views: 4998

Enhanced rhythm correction

The rhythm correction exercise should be divided in 2 phases: 1) locating the rhythm error and 2) fixing the rhythm error Example: A half note is displayed on the staff, but two quarter notes were played. The half note should be deleted and the two quarter notes (in a different color) inserted .