EarMaster Cloud Support
EarMaster Cloud is a complete solution for music schools which includes user licenses for home and school use, cloud syncing of assignments, settings and results, free updates, and more. More info >>
- Account setup
- Connect EarMaster to the Cloud
- User Credentials Recovery
EarMaster Cloud Account Setup (for the administrator)
EarMaster Cloud is comprised of 2 separate areas:
The administrative website at https://cloud.earmaster.com: this is where the administrator of the account of a school manages users, credits and classes.
The EarMaster application for Windows, Mac and iPad, which is where the actual ear training is done. Students and teachers connect the app to the EarMaster Cloud account of their school using their personal EarMaster Cloud user credentials. As soon as the app is connected, it will fetch class and course data from the cloud, and upload all results automatically as the students complete their assignments.
How to proceed (for the account administrator)
1. Go to https://cloud.earmaster.com and log in with your administrator login, which was sent to you by e-mail and consists of:
- School account ID
If you haven't created an account yet, click on Sign up and create a school account using the serial number that was delivered to you when you purchased your EarMaster Cloud credits.
2. The first thing you see when you have logged in is the Dashboard. It will display information on how many credits are available for your account, how many users and classes are active, etc.
3. [Optional] Click on Manage Classes and create Classes (groups of students that will work on the same assignments). This step is optional, but even with only a few students, it will make it much easier to assign courses later on.
4. Click on Manage Users to manage the users of the account of your school:
- Add new students or teachers by using the corresponding buttons at the top right of the page. If you want to use the PC/Mac software or iPad app, then you will need to create a teacher account for yourself. All the users you add will receive automatically an email with a download link and their user credentials. So make sure that your students are aware that they will receive an email from EarMaster Cloud before adding them, otherwise they might delete the email or oversee it.
- If users have forgotten or lost their user credentials, you can resend them by using the Resend email function.
- You can also delete the users that shouldn't be active any longer by checking boxes in the left column, and then clicking on the Delete button:
5. [Optional] If you have created classes, you can now dispatch your students to them using the Assign students to class button from the Dashboard.
6. Users have received their user credentials, so now they can connect the software or the app to EarMaster Cloud:
PC/Mac: When starting EarMaster for the first time, EarMaster will ask you whether you want to use it in trial mode, to activate it with a serial number or to activate it with a Cloud account. Choose that last option, and fill out the fields with the Cloud credentials you received by e-mail.
If the license activation window doesn't show up automatically, or if you already have a EarMaster Pro or Teacher license, then simply go to the FILE menu, Click on USER PROPERTIES, and go to the CLOUD SYNC tab. Fill out your Cloud credentials, click on "Check account" to make sure you typed everything correctly. Finally check the "Enable Cloud sync" box at the top left to activate the software.
iPad: Tap on the Cloud-shaped icon at the top left of the screen and type your credentials.
7. If you have a Teacher account, you will have access to a special section in the PC/Mac software (not available on iPad yet):
- Start by creating an assignment (called a "Course" in EarMaster) using the Course editor.
- Save your course, then go to Class Administration and assign your course to a class. There can only be ONE course assigned to a class at a time, but notice that students will be allowed to finish the previous course before moving on to the course that is currently being assigned to them.
Here's a video that shows how courses are created and assigned: https://youtu.be/VEO7oNY8ftM
- When your students start the EarMaster software, they will be notified that a new course has been assigned to them. As they complete the exercises, their results will be automatically uploaded to the Cloud and be displayed in the Teacher version under the Student Results Overview section.
How to connect the EarMaster application to EarMaster Cloud
Connect and sync the EarMaster application on Windows, OS X and iOS with the EarMaster Cloud account of your school.
[Important notice: if you are intending to connect multiple user accounts on the same computer, do not follow the guidelines below, but refer to the article "Connecting multiple EarMaster Cloud account on the same computer" that you will find further down on this page.]
When your teacher added you as a user on your school's EarMaster Cloud account, an email containing your user credentials was sent to you. You will need these credentials to connect and sync EarMaster on your Mac or PC with the EarMaster Cloud account of your school.
Your EarMaster Cloud credentials consist of:
- The school ID of your school
- Your user name
- Your password
As soon as you have downloaded and installed EarMaster on your Mac or PC, the software will run in trial mode. What you need to do is activate it with your EarMaster Cloud credentials.
When starting EarMaster for the first time, you will be asked whether you want to use it in trial mode, to activate it with a serial number or to activate it with a Cloud account. Choose that last option, and fill out the fields with the Cloud credentials you received by email:
If the license activation window doesn't show up automatically, or if you already have a EarMaster Pro or Teacher license, then simply go to the FILE menu, Click on USER PROPERTIES, and go to the CLOUD SYNC tab. Fill out your Cloud credentials, click on "Check account" to make sure you typed everything correctly. Finally check the "Activate Cloud sync" box at the top left to activate the software:
Connecting multiple EarMaster Cloud accounts on the same computer
If multiple EarMaster Cloud users are to log in on the same computer using different accounts, you need to activate the Direct Cloud login option available in File-->EarMaster Login... (or Tools-->System Administration Settings in EarMaster Lab Pack). Optionally, you can fill out the School ID of your school's EarMaster Cloud account in the field below the option so that users won't have to type the school account ID each time they need to log in.
Attention You should never use the File-->User Properties-->Cloud Sync option (described in previous tutorial) to log in with multiple user accounts, as it is linked to your local EarMaster user files. Doing so will overwrite all personal EarMaster data (results, settings, preferences, and more).
EarMaster Cloud login recovery
Lost your EarMaster Cloud credentials? Get new ones here
Please type the email used with your EarMaster Cloud user account and click on "Reset" in order to generate a new password and receive your EarMaster Cloud user credentials by email.