‘Melody singback is paused!’ Error stops me from using the software

A place to discuss the iPad and iPhone versions of EarMaster

Moderator: Quentin

dorstlesser
Ear training apprentice

‘Melody singback is paused!’ Error stops me from using the software

Post by dorstlesser » Jun 24, 2021 3:47 am

Hi; I’m very regularly getting this message in the middle of an exercise, which only goes away after rebooting the iPad it seems. I’m not connecting any headphones or external mic, just using the built-in ones.

What will happen is I will boot up the iPad (2020 12” version and latest software update), start EarMaster and start one of the beginner lessons. I will do a few exercises in one lesson, ssometimes complete a lesson, and then I will get the message ‘Melody singback is paused!’ when I hit ‘next question’, in a little dialog box. I can only hit ‘OK’ in the error dialog, which then goes away but it reappears when I hit ‘next question’ without ever presenting me with another question.

When going back to the lesson intro screen, I can hit the ‘play example’ button and while the blue bars appear under the example notes (suggesting some audio should also be played), no audio can be heard. At this point I have to reboot the system. Because this happens so often, it is really blocking me from making any progress.

Other software on the iPad seems unaffected: microphone and audio playback work in other apps still.

Thanks for any help

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: ‘Melody singback is paused!’ Error stops me from using the software

Post by Quentin » Jun 24, 2021 7:12 am

Hi,

The app shows this message temporarily when a call is coming in. Then the exercise gets paused until the call is over. I guess this can also happen if another app takes control of the mic while you are using EarMaster.

Have you noticed any such activity while using the exercise?

If not, could you make sure that all other apps are closed (swipe upwards from the bottom of your home screen, and then swipe upwards any app that is currently open in order to close it) and then check if the problem is still happening in EarMaster?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: ‘Melody singback is paused!’ Error stops me from using the software

Post by Quentin » Jun 24, 2021 7:22 am

I just saw in your other thread that you are using a bluetooth headset. Is the problem happening when you are not using the headset?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -