Why MIDI driver problem now, not before?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

joyjane1029
Ear training apprentice

Why MIDI driver problem now, not before?

Post by joyjane1029 » Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm

I did not have problem with my MIDI drivers the 1st time I installed the earmaster. Because my microphone was not working properly the 1st time, I needed to do a recovery run on my computer. Now, the microphone is working fine, but all of a sudden, Earmaster said I don't have a MIDI drivers installed. How did that happen?

Here is the message I received when I opened the Earmaster right after the 2nd installation:
Please press "play" to verify the chosen sound driver produces any sound. If not, please choose another driver from the list. If there are no drivers in the list, you need to nstall MIDI drivers to your sound card.
----
joyjane1028
joyjane1028

Normann
EarMaster.com

Post by Normann » Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

It's normal EarMaster ask for new settings after a new install. You should be able to see a few, or at least a default Windows MIDI mapper. You simply choose the right device, click on "Play" to make sure you hear it's working, and hit OK.

Best regards,
Normann

joyjane1029
Ear training apprentice

Post by joyjane1029 » Dec 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Normann wrote:It's normal EarMaster ask for new settings after a new install. You should be able to see a few, or at least a default Windows MIDI mapper. You simply choose the right device, click on "Play" to make sure you hear it's working, and hit OK.

Best regards,
Normann
:-D Thank you, Norman. I found the MIDI drivers now. I needed to reinstall that too. Have a nice day!
joyjane1028