Bought from Softsalesmarketing.com, but not working...

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

tatadodo56
Ear training rookie

Bought from Softsalesmarketing.com, but not working...

Post by tatadodo56 » Aug 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi,

just bought the Earmaster Pro 5.612P through Softsalemarketing.com.

After downloading the ZIP archive I unpacked the files and tried to run Setup.exe, but it gave me an error message that "The file is corrupt, please download a new install file from www.earmaster.pro".

Does someone please know if this is a common error or how this could be remedied? I also wrote to Softsalemarketing.com support page, until now only getting generic questions about the correct procedure for download and installation.

The one question also might be if their download is up-to-date perhaps and/or "official"...

Because I also tried to download the EarPro5setup.exe from the Download section (which ran and installed normally) and afterwards tried to run the Update.exe from the Archive from the online store above, but then it gave me another error, namely "Midi50.dll not found". Of course, I am not sure that the Update.exe from Softsalemarketing.com is compatible with the EarPro5setup.exe...

Thx for any help!

Joe

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Aug 03, 2010 9:52 am

Hi,

I am really sorry, but EarMaster has NEVER been sold as a zip file. It sounds therefore very suspicious that this company does so, and there are no setup.exe or update.exe files either....

Sounds to me like that company is selling "unofficial" EarMaster products, but of course this is just a suspicion. :-|

Could you please write to our support e-mail: support (at) earmaster.com and tell us what serial number they gave you and give us more details.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Quentin
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

tatadodo56
Ear training rookie

Post by tatadodo56 » Aug 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Quentin,

Thank you!
I wrote a mail to your support as you suggested. Let us hope for the best!

Jozef

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Aug 17, 2010 7:22 am

Warning for all readers of this thread: Softsalemarketing.com are selling fake EarMaster products. Do not buy EarMaster from them.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster