Midi In Device Not Listed (under Tools/Midi Devices/Midi In)

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Mancinist
Ear training freshman

Midi In Device Not Listed (under Tools/Midi Devices/Midi In)

Post by Mancinist » Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi,
My midi guitar cable is not showing up in the dropdown list of midi devices under "Midi In." There are no devices listed at all. I'm using Earmaster Pro 6, Windows 7, and a Rocksmith usb cable that is recognized as a midi device by Windows and other programs I use (Audacity & Rocksmith for PC) -- and midi input is working fine for those programs. I made sure these other programs were not open when I had Earmaster open, in case there might e a conflict, but that didn't help.

I know that my Rocksmith cable's driver is up-to-date and made sure it was fully plugged in, etc. Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 12, 2012 8:19 am

Hi,

As far as I know, the Rocksmith cable is a small audio intervace (Jack to USB), so you will find it under the AUDIO tab in EarMaster (Audio In device). The Audio to MIDI conversion, both in Rocksmith or EarMaster, is made by software, not by the interface. That type of cable is no novelty, we actually have had one at our office for some time and it works great, so the Rocksmith one should work just as smoothly in EarMaster :-)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Tripple26
Ear training freshman

Re: Midi In Device Not Listed (under Tools/Midi Devices/Midi

Post by Tripple26 » Apr 10, 2015 4:25 am

I have checked for updates (I have most current version of EM6) and I have searched the Support Forum and have been unable to find and solutions to this error. I am concerned because 1, this software doesn't seem to operate on my Mac, and 2, my seven day trail time wil expire before I get a chance to even try the software.

Last edited by Tripple26 on Apr 27, 2015 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Midi In Device Not Listed (under Tools/Midi Devices/Midi

Post by Niclas » Apr 10, 2015 4:55 am

Hi

Is it the same issue as above, or is it different? How doesn't it seem to operate on your mac?

Don't worry about the 7 days trail, since it is 7 days or 15 times of launching the trial. So you can pass the 7 days if you haven't launced EarMaster 15 times within that 7 days.

-Niclas