microphone delay

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

nirly
Ear training freshman

microphone delay

Post by nirly » Jan 14, 2006 12:34 pm

when using the microphone on the rhythm reading exercise i get a pretty large delay.. that is if i clap my hands on time it will show up as a late answer. even if i put the mic next to the speaker so it picks up the metronome it is still late...

is there anything i can do to fix this? (this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the compensation in setting/midi devices)

thanks

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Jan 18, 2006 4:21 am

If there is a delay in your sound card, then you will hear the metronome sound later than EarMaster actually played it. This means you follow a delayed metronome and therefore EarMaster will think you answered late.

Please adjust the delay compensation in the EarMaster Program settings. I think setting a correct delay here will solve your problem.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen

Post by Guest » Jan 18, 2006 9:38 am

hmm.. well like i said i had already tried this.. (changin the compensation)
and it didn't seem to do anything (i tried various values and the delay stayed exactly the same)

then i had the idea to restart the program...
and it worked! but for some reason only for the first question after that it goes back to the original delay...
this seems to be a bug..

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Jan 18, 2006 12:24 pm

You are right. I can reproduce the problem you mention, so it might be a bug. It will be fixed within the next couple of weeks.
User the Check for update function in EarMaster to see when the update is ready.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster