Percussion device very loud (mac)

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

KostaC
Ear training master

Percussion device very loud (mac)

Post by KostaC » Feb 20, 2013 6:22 am

When i restart earMaster the percussion device doesnt remember the volume that was set. Actualy it remembers it, but only visually. So you must just click the slider to wake it up on every starting of EM.

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Apr 09, 2013 2:29 am

The problem arised again with this last update.

Utku
EarMaster.com

Post by Utku » Apr 10, 2013 2:01 am

If you are using the same device for both the Pitch device and the Percussion device, their volumes cannot be set independently. If the "Same as Pitch MIDI Out" check box is not checked, the Percussion device's volume will override the Pitch device's volume.

If you are not using the same device, please list the names of the devices and hardware you are using for playback.

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Apr 10, 2013 2:53 am

Hello,

The devices are different, the button "Same as Pitch MIDI Out" is not checked. I'm using IAC for midi out with MainStage, and the native earmaster "FluidR3" for percussion device. (Mac user)

This bug was fixed in the previous update but it appeared again with the new update.

Utku
EarMaster.com

Post by Utku » Apr 10, 2013 3:21 am

We are not able to reproduce this problem, and incidentally there were no changes regarding this in any of the recent updates.

One thing to make sure is to start EarMaster after MainStage and any other synth software you use. This way EarMaster will send the necessary messages to the other software to set volume and other playback information.

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Apr 19, 2013 5:39 am

forget Mainstage. I'm testing it without it and the problem is still present. The percussion volume is set at the third line. Then, after i restart EarMaster the percussion is much much louder but it stays at the third line. Then, i just click the slider and it wakes up. It's strange that you cannot reproduce it. Did you try in the melodic sight singing section?