Auto answer problem

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Auto answer problem

Post by Guest » Feb 10, 2006 4:24 am

Hi

I practice the interval singing and interval identification exercises with automatic answer when the answer is correct enabled. If i make a mistake, I can erase the answer and give me a second chance, but for any reason, if the wrong answer is an unison or an octave, EarMaster shows the answer automatically and marks a mistake.

This is very annoying in the interval identification exercise. Sometimes I use the piano keyboard to input the answer so i can practice interval spelling. If the question is a minor second, and I unintentionally press the key beside the one I intended to press answering unison, EarMasters says "wrong answer".

Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Feb 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Does this only happen when you use MIDI to input tones, or does it also happen when you input tones with the mouse on the staff/guitar/piano?

Could it be that the MIDI key you pressed was actually the MIDI shortcut to the "Show answer" button?

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Post by Guest » Feb 16, 2006 3:30 pm

Um, i wrote this happens in the singing intervals and interval identification exercises, but I was wrong, it's only in the interval singing exercise.

Is not related to MIDI, as I only input notes singing or clicking with the mouse on the screen keyboard, if I input an unison or an octave, EarMaster shows the answer.

JAG
Ear training rookie

octaves questions in interval singing

Post by JAG » Dec 26, 2006 8:41 am

Nothing to do with auto answer, I guess, but I noticed that the octave base in interval singing depends on what you sing. If I'm told to sing a prime I can still input two tones with octave interval. If the task is an octave I can do them prime. And I can always give the answer in any octave I like regardless the given start note.

The notes above are presented on the keyboard and note lines in the octave I sing them so it's not an input problem.

I do however have input problems as well. This may very well be due to my crappy microphone. Is Earmaster very dependent on the frequence range and do you have any suggestion on how to test my mic for that?

Nevertheless: Low notes (low bass octaves) aren't input properly. At first I could only input one octave and any scale would wrap to that octave. I then changed the mic settings to "odd harmonics" (without understanding the theory :pirate: ) - is that good or bad for singing? It helped some but it's not a stable input method for low octaves.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Dec 28, 2006 3:18 am

In the "Exercise settings" menu there is an option called "Answer identification". Here you can choose if the answer must be absolute or you are allowed to sing the tone in another octave.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster