evaluating the software

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

ThompNickSon
Ear training freshman

evaluating the software

Post by ThompNickSon » Dec 17, 2014 11:44 pm

Somebody has offered to buy me this software as an xmas gift, and I am evaluating it for my needs.I am, among other things, trying to learn solfege at the age of 76.

Here are some issues I have encountered so far:
(1) when setting up the software, it asks my vocal range, but appears to have no settings for bass singers. The problem is that many of the exercises I have encountered so far operate in the middle C range. I can do middle C if I have to, but it's not the kind of note I like to sing for everyday practice and eartraining. Is there a work-around?

(2) I have yet to get the Guide up. So far, none of the links to it work. Can you give me a link that's sure to work?

answers to these questions will greatly assist my evaluation of the software.

n

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: evaluating the software

Post by Quentin » Dec 18, 2014 2:41 am

Hello,

EarMaster includes a bass vocal range, maybe you didn't see it in the list. To set your vocal range to bass after the initial setup, you can simply go to the FILE menu, click on User Properties, and select Bass as vocal range under the General tab.

The user guide is available as PDF in our support pages: http://www.earmaster.com/download/earma ... ide_en.pdf , but it should also be included in the HELP menu of EarMaster. Isn't it opening when you click on the Help menu? If not, are you on Windows or Mac OSX (and which version)?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -