SQLite 3 error: database is not connected

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

georgelam
Ear training apprentice

SQLite 3 error: database is not connected

Post by georgelam » Feb 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello EarMaster Team,

I upgraded a few of our school's computers to run the latest update of EarMaster 6, on Mac OSX (Mavericks). After students try to log in, they get:
Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 4.07.37 PM.png
And then after they tried to do an exercise from a course file stored on the cloud, when they attempt to 'play question', they get this:
Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 4.07.54 PM.png
Things were working fine yesterday when I tested it just after I installed the upgrade, but today during class this started to happen.

Just to compare, I tried using the old version (last installed on March 2014) on a few of the other computers, and things seem to work fine. Could you help me out?

Thank you!

George
York College CUNY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: SQLite 3 error: database is not connected

Post by Niclas » Feb 04, 2015 5:15 am

Hi George

Is this just happening on one computer or several computers?

A few simple things you can try is to first restart the computer. I know it sounds too simple, but it is often the solution to weird errors like this.

If that doesn't work, you should try to uninstall EarMaster, and install it again. You can download a new installation file here: http://www.earmaster.com/all-download.html

Let me know if any of this works.

-Niclas

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 05, 2015 4:01 am

One more question: Did you install the update from an OSX account with administrator access level?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Feb 06, 2015 3:06 am

The new update tries to update the music database with new songs. This happens once on each computer, but if it cannot get write access to the music database, it fails and tries again next time you run the program.

The song database is stored in this location on a Mac:
/Users/Shared/EarMaster/6.0/Data/SongDatabase/

Please give RW access for the following two files in this location:
songdatabase.db
songdatabase.db.em-lock

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

georgelam
Ear training apprentice

Post by georgelam » Feb 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Hello Hans and Quentin,

Thanks Hans; the permissions repair worked - once. The next time I logged in it gave me this error: "List Index (-1) out of bounds."

Any ideas for this?

Thanks!

George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.