Interval singing automatically inserts notes

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

rednebmas
Ear training rookie

Interval singing automatically inserts notes

Post by rednebmas » Mar 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I just downloaded the trial version today.

When I am in the Interval Singing activity, I attempt to match the pitch of the note played. I'm just a beginner so I usually don't get it immediately. On the info bar it says you can press Control to insert the note you are singing, but this "bug" causes the note to be inserted without pressing control! So l end up with all these notes on the staff. It is very annoying because to get the question correct I have to delete all the wrong ones that I didn't want inserted anyways! And then sometimes when I get it right on the first try and press the Control key it doesn't insert the note!

Here is a screenshot. I never pressed the Control key during this question.

This seems like the incorrect behavior for this exercise, but please let me know if I am wrong!

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Interval singing automatically inserts notes

Post by Niclas » Mar 30, 2015 5:07 am

Hi!

I just tested it here and it seems to work fine. One thing about this is that it will insert the note if you keep singing the same note for a short while, or you can insert it by click CTRL. So it could be that both things happen. You can try to go to preferences->audio and increase the time for auto insert. This way it requires you to sing a note for a longer amount of time before the note will be inserted.. You can increase this a lot, and then only use CTRL to insert you answer if you like.

Let me know how this works for you.

-Niclas

rednebmas
Ear training rookie

Post by rednebmas » Mar 31, 2015 10:44 am

I turned the auto insert up to 4000 ms and it still is inserting the notes much quicker, under 1 second at the very least. I really expected the auto insert duration to fix it! What can I do to help you resolve this bug?

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Apr 10, 2015 4:57 am

You should maybe try to re-install EarMaster and calibrate your mic again. You can download a new installation file here in case you don't have the link anymore: http://www.earmaster.com/all-download.html

-Niclas