Earmaster pro 5 - first clap late on rhythm exercises (MAC)

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

FMo
Ear training freshman

Earmaster pro 5 - first clap late on rhythm exercises (MAC)

Post by FMo » Apr 20, 2015 1:38 pm

I use Earmaster pro 5 on my PC, and I have been able to calibrate, so that the rhythm exercises sync to a degree that I find acceptable. But now I own a mac, and I wanted to use the program on that too. Most of the exercises work, but the rhythm exercises seems to be off. You can't calibrate in the same way as you can on a PC (the black/white blinking thing), and when I press the spacebar it seems to be alright.
BUT, and this is a annoying but. When a new rhythm appears, and I have to punch it in on the spacebar, the first clap is ALWAYS registered late. The rest are in time. Also, once I failed the first round, and try the same rhythm again, there's no problem. The second first clap is on time.
Has anyone else observed the same problem, and can anything be done so I don't have to fail each exercise the first time around :D

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Earmaster pro 5 - first clap late on rhythm exercises (M

Post by Niclas » Apr 22, 2015 4:53 am

Can you try with making the window smaller and not run it fullscreen? This was known to create some latency issues sometimes in EM5. How does it work if you clap into your mic? Is that the same, or does it only happen with the spacebar?

-Niclas