Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

empauly
Ear training ninja

Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?

Post by empauly » Sep 09, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm a music theory teacher using EarMaster for training software for my students. I've created custom lessons for the theory courses I teach. In general, my students purchase a cloud account at the bookstore, and then I add them to the class. However, I have a student who has EarMaster 5 on his laptop and EarMaster 6 on his PC at home. Since he already has EarMaster, does he still need to purchase a cloud subscription to enroll in my class or can he use the EarMaster he already has? If he can use his current copy of EarMaster, how do I enroll him?
Thanks,
Liz

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?

Post by Niclas » Sep 15, 2015 4:13 am

Hi Liz

First of all, I apologize for the late reply. I had to run a few tests on this.

It should be possible for you to enroll him, when he uses his EarMaster pro 6 license (it won't work with his EarMaster 5). You need to create a cloud user for him in your class. The difference here from your other students is, that you should not assign him a license. So create him like anyone else, with "no" in the assign license option, this way you don't have to pay for his user. Then all he needs to do is to login in EarMaster with the login info you have created for him. Because EarMaster is already activated on his computer, this will work eventhough you haven't assigned a license to him.

He should be able to follow the course just like anyone else.

-Niclas