MIDI keyboard over PC keyboard?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Spawn-X
Ear training apprentice

MIDI keyboard over PC keyboard?

Post by Spawn-X » Feb 14, 2016 2:30 am

P'tit lu all!...

First, please, excuse my English, I'm just a Froggytarist ;)...

I'm discovering EM6.2 and firsts rhythm exercises was cool except one thing... The space key is not as precise as a MIDI keyboard... :cry:

So, I started looking for the way to use my master keyboard or my guitar synth (see my YouRockGuitar), except that just starting my master-key (a small 25 USB Midistart notes at Miditech ).
I'm declaring it correctly in the preferences and enable the MIDI IN button (F11), but nothing happens...

I'm using DAWs like Cubase since 1987 (while called Pro 16 on Atari and Amiga), so I'm usually aware about those things, but for now, I'm not able to correctly use it.

Is anybody can help me?

Thank you per advance.

Alix from France.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: MIDI keyboard over PC keyboard?

Post by Quentin » Feb 15, 2016 4:19 am

Hi Alix,

Your MIDI keyboard must be connected before you start EarMaster. Perhaps this is what caused the problem you were experiencing?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Spawn-X
Ear training apprentice

Post by Spawn-X » Nov 05, 2016 10:15 am

Quentin wrote:
> Hi Alix,
>
> Your MIDI keyboard must be connected before you start EarMaster. Perhaps
> this is what caused the problem you were experiencing?

Thanks for your help, but I'm using music softwares since 1987, so my MIDI keyboard still always plugged on my computer before launching any software ;)

Also, my Yamaha DX-7 sometimes used as MIDI keyboard is always plugged on my RME BabyFace without any better results in EarMaster. :?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 07, 2016 4:02 am

Hi Splawn-X, I already replied to your similar post in the French forum. Let's keep the thread in one place, it's the same people (me or Niclas) answering anyway.We'll post the solution here once we found out what was not working. SO far we haven' been able to reproduce the problem.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 07, 2016 4:03 am

Hi Splawn-X, I already replied to your similar post in the French forum. Let's keep the thread in one place, it's the same people (me or Niclas) answering anyway.We'll post the solution here once we found out what was not working. So far we haven' been able to reproduce the problem.