Help / feature request - Rename solfege names & don't recalc

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Edje
Ear training enthusiast

Help / feature request - Rename solfege names & don't recalc

Post by Edje » Apr 13, 2016 12:12 pm

1) Is there a way to rename the tone names of solfege somewhere in settings, e.g. Do, Di, Re, Ri, Mi, Fa, Fi, etc?

2) In sight singing if I click 'try again' my score changes up or down. I can keep singing the same thing over and over and totally break my exercise score. The score shouldn't change after my first attempt. This is a minor bug.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Help / feature request - Rename solfege names & don't re

Post by Quentin » Apr 14, 2016 7:20 am

Hi,

for 1), you will find an option in Exercise Settings-->Tone naming to change the tone naming system of EarMaster. For relative-Do solfege, you can choose between Do-based minor (the default option) and La-based minor. You can also use the fixed-Do system used in countries like France, Italy or Spain where Do is always C, or scale degrees or of course the regular C, D, E system.

for 2) I wouldn't really call that a bug, it's just how it was thought to work. But it does make sense to stop counting score when trying to answer again. I'll pass it on to the dev team :)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -