EarMaster Pro 5 window invisible on os x 10.11.5

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

bulerias12
Ear training apprentice

EarMaster Pro 5 window invisible on os x 10.11.5

Post by bulerias12 » Jun 29, 2016 1:51 pm

I upgraded my computer recently and tried to install EarMaster Pro 5 to go back to ear training. The app seems to install and start correctly, but the actual program window is out of sight on the right hand side. I can get it to show up with the 'exposé' function or 'show all windows', but when I click on EarMaster, it disappears again.

A second monitor was attached to the computer for awhile [no longer connected], but I cannot think of any other unusual situation.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: EarMaster Pro 5 window invisible on os x 10.11.5

Post by Niclas » Jun 30, 2016 3:55 am

Hi!

Have you tried restarting your computer after you disconnected the second screen?

-Niclas

bulerias12
Ear training apprentice

Post by bulerias12 » Jun 30, 2016 5:51 am

Hello.

Yes, I disconnected the monitor a few months ago and have shut the computer down several times.

By the way, I attempted a clean installation of Earmaster by erasing the old copy, restarting the Mac, then downloading from the website.

Thanks for trying.

bulerias12
Ear training apprentice

Post by bulerias12 » Jun 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Ok, I figured it out.

I had to hunt down all of the original preference files that were on the Mac, even those that had remained when I tried deleting the main app. Then, I restarted the computer and downloaded a fresh copy from the website for a new installation.

The app appears to be functioning correctly, although I ended up losing my settings and progress when I deleted all of the old preference files. Oh well, I guess I'll just need to work on my 3rds and 6ths again.