Melodic intervals

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Melodic intervals

Post by Guest » Apr 25, 2006 8:05 am

in the melodic interval recognition lessions, the first note always keeps sounding on my computer, meaning that waht i hear is not actually a melodic interval but a harmonic interval with the notes hit after one and other... is there anything i can do about this?
i use win 2k and my sound card is an audiophile 2496.

plus, in the chord sequences jazz tutor, there is this first lession where you are give random connections, but all diatonic. i tried creating an easier version of this lession, but that didn't work. is there any way i can do this?

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Apr 26, 2006 12:03 am

This is intentional. The tones are played melodic but keep sounding. This way you become familiar with the harmonic sound while exercising the melodic sounds and it will be easier to learn the harmonic intervals later.

The entry level to the jazz tutor is quite high. You should exercise with the standard tutor before you begin with the jazz tutor. However, if you know what you want to exercise, you can use the customized exercise to setup the jazz progressions you want to work with.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster