Change student's password

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

chief120
Ear training rookie

Change student's password

Post by chief120 » Aug 30, 2006 7:41 am

This is a basic question but for the life of me I can't find the answer. A new semester has begun. We are using Earmaster School 4.0. We are NOT having Earmaster tie its user account in with a Windows user account. Our problem is that some of the students have forgotten their Earmaster user account password. For the life of me I can't remember how to change a user's password. I used the professor's laptop (which MAY be using Windows login to define his user account) and I can see a list of students, I can see properties of their account (such as display name or Tutor), but I can't find a way to reset their password. Where do you do this? About the only thing I can think of at this point is maybe the professor's user account wasn't getting its full permissions and therefore wasn't given the option.

Matthew

Waigin
Ear training grand master

Post by Waigin » Aug 30, 2006 6:10 pm

What I do is I go in each and I erase it. If it doesn't work, you can delete the student and create it again

chief120
Ear training rookie

Should have rebooted PC

Post by chief120 » Aug 31, 2006 11:26 am

It looks like I should have rebooted the professor's laptop. When we tried it today the password field was there (user > right click> properties). It must have been one of those Windows glitches as to why it wasn't there yesterday.

Waigin
Ear training grand master

Post by Waigin » Sep 02, 2006 5:10 pm

Is it working now?

chief120
Ear training rookie

Yes, it is

Post by chief120 » Sep 05, 2006 6:38 am

Yes, everything's working on the password front.