Guitar interface.

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Tradesman
Ear training buff

Guitar interface.

Post by Tradesman » Mar 05, 2017 10:58 am

Hi support.
Is it possible to use my guitar to an interface to answer questions.
Trying to get Focusrite on PC to work but can't see drivers for answer input.
Is this supported on PC?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Guitar interface.

Post by Quentin » Mar 06, 2017 2:36 am

Hi,

EarMaster uses the audio in/out selected in Windows or Mac OS X. If you select your Focusrite card as default audio i/o in your PC, EarMaster will use that. EarMaster will listen to Input 1 on your card for audio input.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Tradesman
Ear training buff

Post by Tradesman » Mar 07, 2017 11:39 am

Great.
Thank you

benn_nn_nn
Ear training rookie

Post by benn_nn_nn » Mar 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi Quentin,

I'm using the Focusrite iTrack solo, which has two inputs: a microphone input, and an electric guitar input. The microphone input works with Earmaster, but the electric guitar does not. I think this is because, as you said above, Earmaster listens to input 1.

I have found forums with people complaining about having problems using the electric guitar input on Focusrite with various recording software, and the solution is to make sure that it's listening to input 2, rather than 1. Is there a way to make Earmaster listen to input 2?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 18, 2019 2:59 am

Unfortunately, there is no built-in solution to make EarMaster listen to another channel.

A possible solution would be to use a virtual audio matrix/patchbay to route physical input 2 to software input 1. Something like Jack or maybe Soundflower on macOS for example. I am not sure what similar options are available on Windows.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

benn_nn_nn
Ear training rookie

Post by benn_nn_nn » Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you very much. I am in Windows 10. Rather than try out software solutions, I opted to just buy a new $10 simple interface, which works fine for this. Posting it below in case anyone else has the same question.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BS5YHS