Custom Activity

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Mambo71
Ear training rookie

Custom Activity

Post by Mambo71 » Apr 16, 2017 9:20 am

Hi Team, I'm an Earmaster neophyte, so this is probably simple to do. I would like to set-up an activity whereby I am asked by the program to play an ascending diatonic interval on guitar by description (e.g. Maj 3rd). I am then to play the interval and name the note, and then check the answer for verification. But the parameter that I'd like to put in is that the notes must come from the G major scale at the second position of the fretboard (2 octaves, root played with the middle finger), and that G is the fixed root. Many thanks.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Custom Activity

Post by Quentin » Apr 18, 2017 2:23 am

Hi,

You can select Customized Exercise-->Interval Singing. Then, in the Exercise Setup, select "User-Defined" for Transposition and click "Edit...". Select "Root Tone" and select the note G.

With that exercise, EarMaster will ask you to play (or sing) the intervals that you have selected. All intervals will have G as the root tone. It will however not be possible to control exactly at which exact location on the fretboard the root tone will be, but you can limit the octaves to one single one using the "Tone Range" option.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Mambo71
Ear training rookie

Re: Custom Activity

Post by Mambo71 » Apr 18, 2017 6:34 am

Thanks Quentin, I shall give this a try.