answering with MIDI

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

cfleck
Ear training rookie

answering with MIDI

Post by cfleck » May 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello,

I am following in course mode and have reached the "interval singing" section. However, I am not interested in singing the answers and want to play the answers on my midi keyboard instead.

In preferences my MIDI device does appear selected from the "MIDI in" drop-down menu. On the top right of the dashboard I have highlighted the "MIDI in" button and un-highlighted the microphone button. From the "answer input" menu I have selected MIDI in.

When I tap the keys of my midi keyboard, however, no sound comes out and nothing happens.

What am I missing here? The midi keyboard works well with all my other software. I have all other programs that run MIDI closed when I am trying to use Earmaster.

Thank you and sorry if this issue has been addressed elsewhere, as I could not find the answer I was looking for.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: answering with MIDI

Post by Niclas » May 23, 2017 1:46 am

Hi!

I see. What midi device do you use? And how is it plugged into your computer?

Are you on Mac or Windows? Have you tried to restart your computer and try again?

-Niclas

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 23, 2017 1:52 am

Hi,
It sounds like everything is at it should be. Could you make sure that your MIDI keyboard is plugged in prior to launching EarMaster?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

cfleck
Ear training rookie

Post by cfleck » May 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It seems to be working now. I think the solution, as you said, is having the controller plugged in before launching the program.

Thank you!