Guitar fretboard

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

brownbag
Ear training rookie

Guitar fretboard

Post by brownbag » Jul 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello
I just upgraded to 6 from 5. I use the program mainly for melodic dictation on guitar.
On version 5 when I clicked on the fretboard it would mark the position with a numbered dot and if I wanted to change it I just right clicked to erase. Also the answer would show up in the same manner on the fretboard.
Version 6 is not doing that. It will show the notes on the staff but not the fretboard. I can click on the fretboard to play the notes and it will show the note only while I'm clicking the mouse but disappears as soon as I let up. If anyone has the answer to this I would very much appreciate it. Other wise this new version is just something I can't use. Thanks

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Guitar fretboard

Post by Quentin » Aug 07, 2017 1:42 am

Hello,

It still works like that in most exercises, but not in melodic dictation indeed. This was removed for usability reasons, because now in EarMaster 6 you can have very long melodies (full lead sheets for example). The notes on the guitar or the piano would not be readable at all as you would end up with many notes on the same fret. But anywhere else in the software, it works like you are used to with notes remaining on the fretboard until you have submitted your answer. EarMaster 6 has thousands of extra lessons, new activities and a lot more, so the upgrade is bringing a lot of improvements on many levels. :)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

brownbag
Ear training rookie

Re: Guitar fretboard

Post by brownbag » Aug 07, 2017 6:08 am

I like that you can have longer melodies but unfortunately melodic dictation was my number one priority and seeing the notes on the fret board was also a priority. Too bad. I can't use the older version with my new operating system and the new version is not something I can use. I wish they would allow an option for showing the notes.