Cannot open Course Editor

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

ppurin
Ear training freshman

Cannot open Course Editor

Post by ppurin » Aug 31, 2017 7:40 am

Hello,
I am using EarMaster 6 Teacher on Mac OS Sierra. When I click on Course Editor, EarMaster does not open the Course Editor program. The first time I used the program it worked, and will no longer. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, and have tried changing login configurations and passwords on the EarMaster Cloud. I am very frustrated because I need to set up these classes for my students and can do nothing. I wish you could create courses on the app.
The screen shots below show what the window looks like with and without Course Editor selected. No additional windows will pop up.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.38.47 AM.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.38.34 AM.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Cannot open Course Editor

Post by Quentin » Sep 05, 2017 1:46 am

Hello,
I guess it was you who contacted us by email. I replied to you that way as well.

For people who meet the same problem:
I think that this could be caused by the window being open in an invisible part of the OS. This can happen if you have had your laptop connected to a second monitor, and then moved the course editor window in an area that isn't covered by the screen of your laptop.

The easy to solve this is to search for the file SETTING.DA6 (witout final -s) in the Finder and to move it to the trash. The file should be located in \Users\Shared\EarMaster\6.0\Data\
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -