EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

empauly
Ear training ninja

EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud

Post by empauly » Dec 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Quentin,

I am writing from Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Our school uses EarMaster Cloud. I still have EarMaster 6, and work from that when I am grading, etc. If my students install EarMaster on their computers for cloud use, which version of EarMaster should they use? EarMaster 6 or EarMaster 7.

Thanks,

Liz P

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: EarMaster 7 and EarMaster Cloud

Post by Quentin » Dec 04, 2017 2:59 am

Hi Liz,

Your students can use EarMaster 7 or the iPad version. EarMaster 7 has replaced EarMaster 6 now, so it is highly recommended to use it. Upgrades are included in the price of the EarMaster Cloud credits, so there is no extra cost linked to that. With v7, your students will also get access to the new course 'RCM Voice - Levels 1 to 6' on PC/Mac.

For teachers, there are 2 options:
- EarMaster 6.2 for full educational functionality (course editor and student results overview)
- EarMaster 7 BETA which is developed to parallel of the normal v7, and includes teacher features as they are added. At the moment it includes a interface for basic student results, but this week we will release a complete set of features to monitor student results. The next step is to add the course editor and an interface to assign courses.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

empauly
Ear training ninja

Post by empauly » Dec 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Thanks Quentin. So, to clarify - students should use EarMaster 7 or EarMaster for iPad for best results, even though I'm creating assignments with EarMaster Pro 6.2? It seems like that is the best plan right now, rather than working with the BETA version of 7.

Liz

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Dec 06, 2017 2:42 am

Hi Liz,

Yes that's the best option right now. However, the v7 BETA now includes a full "Student Result Overview" feature which is much clearer than in v6.2. It's avaiabel form the FILE menu.

The only issue we have found with v6.2 courses in v7 and on iPad is the "Forced enabled" option for instrument interfaces in the "Exercise Control Settings" section. If used, the software will not display instruments properly becasue that option has been disconinued in v7. So instruments shoud be either unselected or set to "User may choose" (the default option).
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -