Playing sound through digital piano

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

evanone
Ear training rookie

Playing sound through digital piano

Post by evanone » Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Hello,
I have a digital piano and was wondering that with a midi cable/USB cable between the laptop and piano, if I could make it so earmaster plays the notes through the digital piano? So if earmaster would normally play c4-e4 on my laptop, instead the piano would play it as if I had pressed the notes myself. Simply because I think the piano's sound would be a slightly higher quality.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I tried my best to explain it but struggle lol!

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Playing sound through digital piano

Post by Quentin » Jan 08, 2018 4:52 am

Hi,

Yes, this is possible. To do that, make sure your MIDI drivers are installed properly and connect your MIDI piano to it. Then start EarMaster and open the Preferences. G to MIDI Devices and select your MIDI Device as MIDI Out for Pitches (and rhythms if you want). You can also select it as MIDI IN device if you want to answer the questions with it.

You can also use your MIDI Piano as remote controller to control the commands of the software (New Questions, Stop, etc.). This can also be set up in the Preferences of the software.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -