Note values and patterns in Rythmic sight reading vs. Melodigh sight singing

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Mato Grosso
Ear training rookie

Note values and patterns in Rythmic sight reading vs. Melodigh sight singing

Post by Mato Grosso » Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi, I've just bought the EM7 I'm still exploring and experimenting with it, it looks really great!

The main reason I bought the program was to help me to design my custom sight reading exercises. The Melodic Sight Singing module seems to work very well with my bass so far, but I've just noted that the Note Values and Patterns you can choose in that module are pretty limited compared with what you can choose in the Rhythmic Sight Reading module:

[attachment=1]1.png[/attachment]
[attachment=0]2.png[/attachment]

Am I doing something wrong or the program is designed this way? If so, is there any possibility to have more rhytmic options in future updates? That would be really useful for people like me!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Note values and patterns in Rythmic sight reading vs. Melodigh sight singing

Post by Quentin » Jan 16, 2018 2:52 am

The melody generator is indeed more limited than the rhythm generator. Mostly because very short note values like 32nd are too difficult to evaluate accurately, But also because there are more theoretical rules to take into account when building melodies. More options will be added via updates though, such as more time signatures and more note values.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Mato Grosso
Ear training rookie

Re: Note values and patterns in Rythmic sight reading vs. Melodigh sight singing

Post by Mato Grosso » Jan 16, 2018 4:26 am

Quentin wrote:
> The melody generator is indeed more limited than the rhythm generator.
> Mostly because very short note values like 32nd are too difficult to
> evaluate accurately, But also because there are more theoretical rules to
> take into account when building melodies. More options will be added via
> updates though, such as more time signatures and more note values.

Thanks, Quentin, that sounds great!

I understand that 32nd notes would be difficult to evaluate, but honestly, I don't think that would be necessary. I believe that
adding dots, triplets, ties and rests (up to 16th notes) to what we have now would be great, and more than enough for 90% of the users.

Thanks again for considering it