Faster sight-singing exercises (eighth-notes) have no time for solfege consonants.

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Zaster
Ear training enthusiast

Faster sight-singing exercises (eighth-notes) have no time for solfege consonants.

Post by Zaster » Dec 25, 2019 12:33 am

In the faster rhythms in the General Workshop Sight-Singing, the consonants (especially the “unvoiced” F, S, T) register as low notes and “steal” pitch information away from the vowel note so I’m finding it impossible to get correct notes. I can usually redo the exercise on “ah” and get a pass, but I’m trying to improve my solfege so this isn’t ideal. I’m not experiencing this issue on quarter notes and longer, just eighth notes. Perhaps the recognition can be tweaked somehow?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Faster sight-singing exercises (eighth-notes) have no time for solfege consonants.

Post by Quentin » Dec 30, 2019 2:39 am

Hi,

We haven't been able to reproduce this problem, bit maybe we are not pronouncing the syllables the exact same way as you do. Could you perhaps send us a video of the problem by email: support@earmasyter.com so that we get a precise hint in order to reproduce the problem on our end.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -