Musical Notes do not appear on Windows 8.1

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Enrique
Ear training enthusiast

Musical Notes do not appear on Windows 8.1

Post by Enrique » Feb 12, 2020 12:59 am

Good morning, before buying an EARMASTER license I have downloaded the free program. It seems that everything works fine, and I love the program, I find it very interesting, complete and useful, but the musical notes do not appear, instead they leave a few squares. Is it possible to solve this problem? I would like to have it solved before buying a license. I use Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bits. I do not understand computer science, if there is a solution, please explain it to me as simple as possible. Sorry and thank you.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Musical Notes do not appear on Windows 8.1

Post by Quentin » Feb 18, 2020 4:16 am

Hello,

Are you using the flat grey visual theme in Windows? If yes, please select a native Windows 8 theme and the problem will most likely be gone.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Enrique
Ear training enthusiast

Post by Enrique » Feb 20, 2020 2:08 am

No, yo no uso "the flat grey visual theme in windows 8.1". Sigue sin funcionar EARMASTER en windows 8.1. Por lo tanto no voy a comprar la licencia de EARMASTER mientras no funcione el software.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 20, 2020 3:17 am

Hello,

This problem has never been reported on Windows 8 or 8.1, so it has maybe something to do with your particular setup. If you have another user account on Windows, could you please try to start EarMaster with that user and see if the problem persists.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -