Runtime Error - Windows 98

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Gus

Runtime Error - Windows 98

Post by Gus » May 24, 2005 2:39 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install EarMaster 5 (the Earpro5setup.exe file), which I just downloaded, and I get this: "Runtime Error (at 8:836): Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized." I'm using Windows 98. Thanks.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Solved!

Post by Hans » May 25, 2005 5:12 am

Hi Gus,

This problem has now been solved, it only happened in Windows 98.
Just download EarMaster again.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Jon Carr

Runtime Error with Windows 98

Post by Jon Carr » May 30, 2005 4:03 am

Hi Hans

I have the same error as Gus, but I didn't download the software, I purchased the disk. Can I download using my Serial Number?

Thanks
Jon

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » May 30, 2005 6:14 am

Yes, just download the installation program from this web site and activate it with your serial number.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Schad Piano Studio

Runtime Error

Post by Schad Piano Studio » Jul 23, 2005 1:19 pm

FedEx just delivered my program, and I can't get past the first screen. I get an error message that says: "Runtime Error at 8:836 - Internal Error. An attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized." HUH?? All I did was type the studio name and the serial #.

Annoying, and frustrating. What do I do now?

Vicki

Webmaster
EarMaster.com

Post by Webmaster » Jul 24, 2005 8:11 am

Hi Vicki,

There was an error on the first CDs shipped that give the problem you describe in Windows 98/ME. We will be happy to send you a new CD. Please send an email with your serial number and mailing address to Sales (http://www.earmaster.com/about_us.htm).

To begin using EarMaster now, just download the installation program from this website.