Mac Boot Camp and EarMaster 5?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

rossk
Ear training rookie

Mac Boot Camp and EarMaster 5?

Post by rossk » May 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi,
I currently have a PC, but I'm planning on switching to a MacBook Pro relatively soon. I am wondering how well (or if) EarMaster 5 works on Boot Camp?

Thanks,
-- Ross

Bojan
Ear training grand master

Boot Camp

Post by Bojan » May 21, 2007 11:42 pm

I think it will work just fine. :-) Mac advertises it as capable of running all Windows based programs.
Official Serbian translator

rossk
Ear training rookie

Post by rossk » May 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks. When I switch over to an intel-based Mac in the future I'll try to remember and come back here to report on how it works. I assume it will work fine, like you said.

Thanks again,
--Ross

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 24, 2007 2:57 am

Hi,
Windows audio applications require powerful hardware to work perfectly on Mac, so you may experience a little latency. But if your mac is Intel-powered and brand new it should work fine I guess....
Please let us know! ;-)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Nick
Ear training apprentice

Running earmaster on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp.

Post by Nick » Aug 05, 2007 10:19 pm

I've just installed my copy of Earmaster to Windows XP via boot camp on my brand new Macbook Pro (2.2ghz). There is some major latency (maybe around a third of a second) both from the laptop and my midi keyboard, which makes the rhythm exercises totally useless. Does anyone know of any tweaks I could do to fix this? :scratch:

Any news on when the Mac version should be out? I installed boot camp purely to use Earmaster. I'd be great to get away from Windows entirely.

I wonder if it will be out before the next Mac OS update (October)?

Nick
Ear training apprentice

Post by Nick » Aug 16, 2007 7:54 pm

I figured out that you can synchronize the rhythms under midi options, so the rhythm exercises are still usable.

The only other problem now is that it crashes from time to time when I switch between Hans and customized exercises.