Mic sometimes not picking up properly

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

kevinjeryd
Ear training freshman

Mic sometimes not picking up properly

Post by kevinjeryd » Sep 30, 2023 6:37 pm

I have this problem that sometimes Earmaster's mic listening is not comprehending correctly, even while I hold a steady note, it will interpret it weirdly and say that my voice is jumping all over the place, see the attached file for an example of how it will interpret my voice. Anyone knows the reason behind this/any fix for this problem?

Edit: It seems to be a specific problem when singing solfege. When I sing using only "Aah" or "Ooh" it works fine, but when I sing the solfege syllables it messes up and interprets it weirdly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Mic sometimes not picking up properly

Post by Quentin » Oct 02, 2023 12:23 am

This makes a lot of sense, it is likely that specific sounds generates overtones that the pitch detection algorithm isn't managing to identify properly. The solution is, as you foudn out, to use the vowel sounds that work best.

We would like to look deeper into this. Would you be so kind as to send us a video showing the problem, so that we may analyze the audio while looking at the pitch curve being drawn on the notation staff?

You can send it by email to support@earmaster.com

Thank you in advance!
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -