Big problem with Chord Evaluation in Melodic Section

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

raquelcruzjazz
Ear training buff

Big problem with Chord Evaluation in Melodic Section

Post by raquelcruzjazz » Jan 31, 2024 8:42 pm

So I have both Ear Master 6 and 7 and I have 2 similar problems. One, If I select an xml or a song from a Melodic database and click evaluate chords, it has me evaluate the melody anyway. Secondly, when I upload a xml to Earmaster 7 with a chord inversion, it just won't be able to interpret it and I get a temMidiplayer.AddVoice. List. IS there anyway I can fix this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Big problem with Chord Evaluation in Melodic Section

Post by Quentin » Feb 01, 2024 4:20 am

Hi

EarMaster's melodic exercises only work with melodic content and chords as text. It's currently not possible to import pieces with chords written as notes, only chords written as texts which can then be used as accompaniment only. The only way to work with chords in the melodic exercises is when they're written as one tone per voice. It will be possible at some point to import scores with chords in EarMaster, but for now it isn't available.

Chords in lead sheets can only be used as accompaniment. A bug in v6 made it possible to select it as "evaluated voice", but as you might have seen in v7, it isn't possible aymore.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Big problem with Chord Evaluation in Melodic Section

Post by Quentin » Feb 01, 2024 4:22 am

Btw, we would be very grateful if you could send us the score with the inversion that led to an error message, so that we may fix it. You may send it to feedback@earmaster.com so that it reaches the dev team directly.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -