PLEASE VOTE HERE - Future EarMaster releases

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

What other tuition program would you like us to make?

Music theory tuition
11%
Piano training
1%
Guitar training
3%
Drums training
3%
Bass guitar training
No votes
Violin tuition
No votes
Mobile ear training (for mobile phone, iPhones/iPods, etc.)
41%
Mobile ear training (for mobile phone, iPhones/iPods, etc.)
41%

Total votes: 73

Quentin
EarMaster.com

PLEASE VOTE HERE - Future EarMaster releases

Post by Quentin » Jun 17, 2009 12:56 am

Hello everybody,

A little poll to get to know your expectations better in regard to our future developments.

Please vote for the tuition program that you think would be most useful for you, and that you would like to place on your shelves right next to EarMaster :-)

If you have suggestions for other possibilities, please feel welcome to mention them.

Here is a short description of each voting option:

Music theory tuition:
You know nothing or only little about music theory? You didn't have the chance/ressources to go to a music school? That program would teach you how to read notation, how scales and chords work, etc.

Piano training:
That program would train you in playing scales, chords, and improvise on the piano, or even getting to know the tones on your keyboard better.

Guitar training:
That program would train you in playing scales, chords, and improvise on the guitar, or even getting to know the tones on your fretboard better.

Drums training:
That program would train you in playing the drums, making you work on new rhythmic patterns, accuracy and tempo consistency. It would probably require an electronic drumset to be connected to it in MIDI.

Bass guitar training:
That program would train you in playing scales, chords, and improvise on the bass, or even getting to know the tones on your fretboard better.

Mobile ear training:
Take EarMaster with you on the plane, in the bus or the subway with that mobile version for mobile phones, Iphones and/or Iphones.

Music tuition for kids:
A program to teach music to the younger. For example: what instrument makes which sound, discover Major/minor, discover the staff, etc.

Violin training:
Train your skills at playing the violin
Last edited by Quentin on Sep 16, 2010 3:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

marian
Ear training rookie

Post by marian » Jun 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Mobile ear training would be awesome! Ear training is the perfect activity to do on the bus or something. Or with the right interface maybe even while driving??

Drum training or just some serious improvements to the rhythm part of EarMaster could be useful. I find that part much less useful than it might be.

In general, I think music theory is something you can learn from books, and instruments are things you should learn by practicing and taking lessons. Using a computer program seems like a gimmick.

dramsenik
Ear training rookie

Post by dramsenik » Jun 23, 2009 10:47 am

marian wrote:Mobile ear training would be awesome!
+1 here

You would just fill the lack of ear training software on mobile phone because there is absolutely nothing at the moment. (Windows mobile)
Last edited by dramsenik on Jul 20, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacou
Ear training freshman

EarMaster for iPhone ! Yes

Post by Jacou » Jun 28, 2009 2:56 am

Yes, an EarMaster version for iPhone would be an efficient way to perform our training
I'm using Karajan, but if EarMaster will be on my iPhone it would be better for me.

V for Vincent
Ear training expert

Post by V for Vincent » Jul 01, 2009 11:01 pm

I feel that music is something you have to "sit down with". So no mobile ear training for me, but theory would be neat. I'd definitely buy a high quality sight reading trainer. Unfortunately, there are none as of yet.

dramsenik
Ear training rookie

Post by dramsenik » Jul 20, 2009 12:05 pm

V for Vincent wrote:...I'd definitely buy a high quality sight reading trainer. Unfortunately, there are none as of yet.
Try Band in a Box from http://www.pgmusic.com/
You cannot get anything better for sight reading... This is a very complete software (with a small learning curve, depend your backgroud) and thousands (yes... thousands: Actually i have about 20 thousands from rock, pop, jazz to classical) songs to read, anything from piano, guitar, bass in any key. (accompaniment and melody)
In fact at the beginning it was an accompaniment program but it has evolved to also a composer, training, sight reading. Well in two word: a very complete package.

Neil
Ear training buff

Post by Neil » Jul 21, 2009 7:30 pm

I think I'd probably buy the mobile device that ran EarMaster.
But I'd also love some sight reading and piano tuition features.
Maybe something that guided one through the content in Super Sight-Reading Secrets by Howard Richman?

Thanks for the Band in a Box tip, dramsenik.
I guess you've already looked over Etude Sight Reader?

Cheers,
Neil.

scottkrk
Ear training freshman

Post by scottkrk » Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Would love to see an iPhone version, ideally with a similar interface and that could do a wireless sync.

Fel1
Ear training freshman

Post by Fel1 » Oct 03, 2009 12:19 pm

I'd definitly love to work on a mobile earmaster for cellphone. Please make a .jar app for my Sony Ericsson! :-)

Bojan
Ear training grand master

on iPod Touch

Post by Bojan » Oct 16, 2009 6:17 am

I would more than love to see Earmaster on my iPod Touch, I would use it every single day. You should be able to scroll though the keyboard, tap rhythm or bpm, play single note or a whole chord, change size of the keyboard, display two keyboards at once, post your results into Hole of Fame over wifi, sync wirelessly with PC, attach results to an email to your teacher, shake to vibrate... Really possibilities are limitless...!!!
Official Serbian translator

.daniel.
Ear training apprentice

Post by .daniel. » Nov 04, 2009 2:31 am

I can't wait to use EarMaster with my iPhone. Think of all those hours you spend waiting away from home... for your doctor, for your train to arrive, for your destiny to arrive ;-) or for your professor to become interesting... HOURS!! Every day!!

Vote for an iPhone application!! :-)

saxysm
Ear training expert

iPhone Application

Post by saxysm » Nov 11, 2009 2:08 am

would be cool. Not for practising on the train, but at a hotel room for instance. Just to keep in shape;-)

derek_tgm
Ear training freshman

Post by derek_tgm » Nov 21, 2009 12:36 pm

It definitely should be mobile ear training.

MichaL
Ear training enthusiast

Post by MichaL » Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm

For me, a mobile EarMaster Software should be very interesting.
I spend much time on the road, so there is not enough time to do my eartraining at home on my Mac.
Please make a Software for iPhone

Greetings from Germany
MichaL

jmmcc
Ear training rookie

Post by jmmcc » Jan 24, 2010 4:42 am

Don't forget Windows Mobile or Android platforms