Is EarMaster for me (re-learning to sing)?

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Gatecrasher
Ear training rookie

Is EarMaster for me (re-learning to sing)?

Post by Gatecrasher » Oct 16, 2009 2:28 am

Hi,

I've just started taking singing lessons and am working toward using my upper vocal registers (head/mask resonators).

Something I am having difficulty with is recognising the different timbres of my resonating areas e.g. my lower (chest) resonance when compared to my head resonance to my inner ear sounds like there is an octave difference even though they are not.

I am also keen to improve my "ear" for pitch to assist in my playing in general; this is really secondary to the singing though.

Will this software help with these requirements?

I'm prepared to put in the months / years of practice, but I just need some hand-holding :)

Kind regards,
Danielle

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Oct 19, 2009 1:42 am

Hello Danielle,

EarMaster will definitely help you train your "inner" ear, which is probably the most important aspect of being a good singer.

The activities in EarMaster are not specifically designed for singers, but rather for all musicians, so even though it is possible to sing your answers to the program, you shouldn't expect a vocal training program in EarMaster.
Its primary focus is to train your aural skills, and that will have a major positive impact on your singing abilities :-)

Best regards,
Quentin
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Gatecrasher
Ear training rookie

Post by Gatecrasher » Oct 19, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks for the reply, you have yourself a sale :)