Only 3 and a half octaves tone range?

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

KostaC
Ear training master

Only 3 and a half octaves tone range?

Post by KostaC » Feb 08, 2013 4:41 am

There are people that practice sheet reading on a digital piano with EarMaster and i believe they miss many more octaves of tone range.

martijn
EarMaster.com

Post by martijn » Feb 11, 2013 8:30 am

It is very rare that one melody, chord or interval streches over a range of more than 3 and a half octave.
f there are users that like to use intervals, chords or melodies larger than this size, we like to hear why they need it.
Martijn

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Feb 11, 2013 9:10 am

Yes, but i'm not asking for stretching melodies more than 3 and a half octaves. That's more than enough. My point was to place that melody more upper and more lower (varying on each example) so that we can practice the full range of the piano.

martijn
EarMaster.com

Post by martijn » Feb 20, 2013 1:40 am

Your point is clear now.

Yes we could easily stretch the tone range of EarMaster to the full 88 note piano range.

We just had noone asking for it before.

Is it something you feel you need to do? Or is it something you imagine people could need?

Anyone who reads this post and misses this full 88 note range for practice is welcome to leave a post here.

If we get some reactions we will add it to our todo list.
Martijn

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Feb 20, 2013 6:16 am

Yes, i personally felt need for that. I don't have a digital piano yet but i'm practicing on a 5 octave midi keyboard. Right now, the lowest note in EM is F2. So, i'm concerned that i'm not practicing C2, D2 and E2 as well as F6, G6, A6, H6 and C7.

This way of practicing sheet reading with a keyboard is very fun and very useful. It's like a tutor sitting in front of you correcting your errors. That's why i'm so eager for it's improving. It would be very nice, beside rests and some more note values to add more than one tone to be played at the same time (harmonic), and mabye two hand melodies.

Thanks and keep up the good work.